[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Suggestion - Warning

Suggestion - Warning

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Suggestion - Warning

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 11, 2013 7:58 pm

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59hzHWbI9Bs

I prepped slayer wand for a halfling fighter. Its' a great early game build. I even saved my DP.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Sat May 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 11, 2013 10:27 pm

Probably not. I loathe to use IMAWAL, because you want to have as many monsters on the board as possible when the boss appears, as it is essential to utilize your knockback. That means even when it would have been a good choice to use IMAWAL, I don't. It's probably not the best policy.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun May 12, 2013 12:32 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun May 12, 2013 2:33 am

Yeah. It's a flaw in my strategy. I can't stand giving up popcorn even though I can consistently get 2-4 higher level kills.

The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun May 12, 2013 4:44 pm

Lujo

Postby ChasGB on Sun May 12, 2013 11:21 pm

ChasGB

Postby The Avatar on Mon May 13, 2013 12:50 am

Maybe. Still, it would seem a bit lame if you wanted to try for a dodge. It would look like the game lagged a lot more than it actually does, and then people might start complaining about that.

The Avatar

Postby ChasGB on Mon May 13, 2013 2:46 am

That is a good point. is it very often that you gamble for a dodge when you see "Death" on the monster portrait? I would think that you'd have to be pretty hard up to take that kind of risk and would be a relatively rare occasion; rare especially when compared to accidental misclicks. I know I've died to accidental misclicks many many times, but only once or twice to gambling on dodge. And the real intent here is to prevent those "Oh wtf, I didn't mean to click on that! Stoopid trackpad!" moments.

FWIW, I've noticed several times when playing today and yesterday where a click randomly didn't go through. No big deal. Irritation over accidental clicks appears to be a much more common forum thread than "I had a click that didn't register."

I was Justin thinking out of the box, and yeah, ignoring the first click is not an absolutely perfect solution, but what is? It does address the salient issues of both sides of the discussion, in an elegant if slightly shady manner.
ChasGB

Postby Lujo on Mon May 13, 2013 7:07 am

+1 to solution. Seems elegant. Lately I've also noticed clicks not going through on occsiaon, but I blamed it on my mouse. Didn't annoy me.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons