[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Unlock Halfling and Gnome races (spoiler)

Unlock Halfling and Gnome races (spoiler)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Unlock Halfling and Gnome races (spoiler)

Postby Toamikel on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:48 am

When playing the beta for the first time I found an easy way to unlock these 2 classes.
When you receive the corresponding quests and dungeons for these races you will go into them and will find a staircase. In the staircase you will find a character and he will ask for a health potion. You then can give him a potion. (do it). You may then just leave the dungeon through the exit staircase and unlock the new races (you must do it once for each race). You don't even have to beat the boss.
Was this done on purpose or is this an exploit?
Ideas?
Toamikel

Re: Unlock Halfling and Gnome races (spoiler)

Postby TigerKnee on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Well, all the guy told you is not to die. He never said you had to BEAT the boss eh?
TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Dracul appears in a wickedly hard dungeon that has a significant amount of undead. If you had to beat the dungeon after unlocking him... very few people here would have Dracul unlocked. All of these unlocks, thankfully, only require you to survive, not win.
Darvin

Postby Xanopticon on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Xanopticon

Postby Darvin on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Most people here have only unlocked Dracul once, and the vast majority have said Halls of Steel. I can only confirm where I have found him, and this is the first time I've heard anyone claim to have have found him in Eastern Tundra.

Admittedly he's so rare that you have to scum over and over again to get him, so it would be very easy to miss him in other locations.
Darvin

Postby Xanopticon on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:26 pm

Xanopticon

Postby Darvin on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Due to the way the beta's release corresponded with my work schedule (very very badly) I actually started my kingdom after Dracul was introduced. After scumming around several dungeons trying to find him, I came to the forums and was told to look in Halls of Steel, which I scummed about 30 times over before I found him.
Darvin

Postby Wargizmo on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:50 am

I did a ton of Eastern Tundra runs before finally finding him in the Halls of Steel. I didn't even realise you didn't need to finish the dungeon, but it does make sense.
Wargizmo

Return to Desktop Dungeons