[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Trailblazing

Trailblazing

All things Desktop Dungeons

Trailblazing

Postby GoatBot on Fri May 17, 2013 2:19 pm

Discussion - Trailblazing
GoatBot

Re: Trailblazing

Postby Waldo0 on Fri May 17, 2013 7:05 pm

I don't like the new health/mana regen effect. :p

It disturb to concentrate on the game play.
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Lujo on Fri May 17, 2013 7:39 pm

I haven't yet seen anything except the new kingdom interface improvement. Excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor. Will love to toroughly test it and give feedback as were getting closer and closer to the point where I can actually see what quest I'm on and how I'm doing with the completion while I pick and choose my stuff.

Excellent job, and with refinement so many little irritations that pile up slowly to make me obnoxious at times (and others too to a a lesser degree) will vanish completely.

Also, I'm interested in the new small icons - there was plenty of untouched space at the last update and I'm strangely attracted to seeing new distinct ones. Must be all the VGT runs where I had a million and all the times I couldn't tell them appart.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 17, 2013 7:44 pm

Looks great! One small thing is that the generic monster icon feels a bit overused on dungeon panels. Look at venture cave or den of danger as an example. I would find something else to show difficulty.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Fri May 17, 2013 7:49 pm

q 3

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 17, 2013 7:59 pm

I don't find the regen that distracting, except when I am regaining both of my bars to full quickly (or using LEMISI 4-5 times in a row).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri May 17, 2013 8:10 pm

The suggestion to turn the 11th badge (vicious) into a separate thing entirely also seems like a nice idea now, as it would remove the need to have an extra row in the parchment part with the badges.
Lujo

Postby berpdreyfuss on Fri May 17, 2013 8:30 pm

I like the particles flying around but of course it would be nice to be able to switch them off. But especially for beginners it will help a lot. I miss those piety particles from the alpha as well...

The new slow icon on the monsters is often hard to see, against the red of a meatman for example. For me, this status effect is one of the most important to quickly recognise, it worked better with the old one.
berpdreyfuss

Postby Nandrew on Fri May 17, 2013 9:30 pm

Nandrew

Postby Lujo on Fri May 17, 2013 9:38 pm

Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons