[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vicious Cursed Oasis and The Slime Pit

Vicious Cursed Oasis and The Slime Pit

All things Desktop Dungeons

Vicious Cursed Oasis and The Slime Pit

Postby Psycho Savager on Fri May 17, 2013 10:52 pm

I was wondering what race/class combination works best for these?
Easy & Medium Badges: 210/210 Hard Badges: 450/450 Vicious Badges: 172/180 Triple Quests: 2/3
Explorer's Guild Puzzles: 56/56 Bronze/Silver/Gold Challenges: 45/45 Achievements: 34/35 Overall: 99.0%
Psycho Savager

Re: Vicious Cursed Oasis and The Slime Pit

Postby Lujo on Fri May 17, 2013 11:16 pm

I managed the CO rather easily with a gnome warlord (Mystera into EM).

I did the slime pits with a goblin sorcerer, but it was really tough (old vicious token). there probably are better choices.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Sat May 18, 2013 3:11 am

The Earthmother Acidcaster Wizard (search for acid caster) handles Slime Pits very easily, even on VICIOUS. The strategy was originally developed as a reliable way to handle that dungeon.

Agreeing with Lujo about Cursed Oasis. A Goblin Sorcerer with the Codex and Earthmother takes it apart. Crusader also works if you want something less complicated.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 18, 2013 3:18 am

Lujo went Warlord for CO. They both work.

Punchomamcer is also great for the slime pits.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat May 18, 2013 7:02 am

Gnome Warlord is one of those universally awesome choices. Goblin Assassin is superb for cleaving through fat on these dungeons, but he's hard to get momentum with in vicious token mode.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Sat May 18, 2013 8:47 am

Oh yeah, cydstepper and someone who originaly posted a thread about the codex wich started the whole EM sillyness gave me the idea and then I went into VT CO with a goblin sorcerer with Avatar's Codex and really burned the place to the ground. Me and sidestepper were having a discussion about it back then, and I remember us being all ^^ when we figured out that monsters can't retaliate fireball twice.
Lujo

Postby Psycho Savager on Mon May 20, 2013 9:31 pm

I'm not familiar with forum lingo, what's an Acidcaster and a Punchomancer?
Easy & Medium Badges: 210/210 Hard Badges: 450/450 Vicious Badges: 172/180 Triple Quests: 2/3
Explorer's Guild Puzzles: 56/56 Bronze/Silver/Gold Challenges: 45/45 Achievements: 34/35 Overall: 99.0%
Psycho Savager

Postby Bloggorus on Mon May 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Acid Caster: A fireballing class that uses stacks of corrosion to boost damage. This can be achieved using the martyr wraps, with some time taken to build stacks of corrosion on the boss or monster you wish to kill (hit and regen where possible). An (arguably) more efficient method is to spam the Greenblood boon from Earthmother, which affects every monster in the dungeon. Earthmother also has the handy Clearance boon for when it comes time to fireball spike. Combine the two if possible for huge results. This strategy works with any good fireball spiking class.

Punchomancer: a high-damage (usually Orc) caster that exploits high base attack to do unresistable damage through knockback and the pissorf glyph. This used to be a powerful exploit with the old trisword, but is still very effective, especially against high magic resist bosses or unhittable bosses like Bleaty. Orc wizards make the best punchomancers due to low glyph costs and the potential for huge conversion points.
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Tue May 21, 2013 3:32 am

Uh... wow, I misused punchomancer in that case. I was referring to a human or orc wizard who goes with less glyphs and converts trash for high damage and all their small slot glyphs. That has always been the punchomancer to me at least. It is best coupled with resistances and knockback, and the best glyphs are HALPMEH and GETINDARE. It is great in VGT.

Also, you got something wrong Bloggorus, PISORF and knockback can both be resisted by physical resistance.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue May 21, 2013 8:21 am

Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons