[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Ballin' HARD

Ballin' HARD

All things Desktop Dungeons

Ballin' HARD

Postby Checkem on Mon May 20, 2013 7:14 am

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and the game. Been lurking sparsely, and I must say I love the beta and how some games are just an exact mixture of luck and good planning that lead to victory. I have almost 100% the Alpha with 6 classes left to beat the boss hive.
Today I don't want to talk about how close some games are, I want to see your runs that were destined for greatness from the start, the boss never had a chance against you.

Not too impressive, but I think I was doing pretty good for a beginner. Please post your funny runs.

Checkem

Re: Ballin' HARD

Postby Lujo on Mon May 20, 2013 8:45 am

How in the world did you get that much piety :D
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Aequitas on Mon May 20, 2013 8:50 am

I like that the potions form a heart <3
Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby The Avatar on Mon May 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Welcome to the forums, checkem! That's awesome and pretty ideal. You could have taken down another two bosses with that setup.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Checkem on Tue May 21, 2013 12:14 am

Here is one I just finished, first time I actually beat the Dragon Isles. I couldn't even do it with the Berserker before. I think doing the first two level with all the badges and the building adventurers really teaches you the fundamentals to beat the game. Perhaps there should be a quest to finish both maps with full badge/hero.

Well, anyways I took this one a little early and forgot to get one at the end, but I ended up getting 3 hits of health, 3 hits of mana, and 1 hit of chaos avatar. Almost didn't make the last one too, had to convert some my sword and gloves for that last stretch. (There is an agnostic collar under one of the ask, by the way)
Checkem

Postby The Avatar on Tue May 21, 2013 3:35 am

Nice! Rogue is probably the second easiest win, second to berserker and beating... warlord maybe, so I'm surprised you couldn't beat it with the berserker. Where were you running into trouble?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Checkem on Wed May 22, 2013 7:41 am

Checkem

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 22, 2013 11:32 am

Gnommish JJ Warlord. I forgot assassin though, that's definitely third.

The Avatar

Postby Kingdom of One on Wed May 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Sorry for the slight hijack but does anyone know if WONAFYT works on the dragon isles subdungeon with the boss (as lvl 10 of course)?

I had the opportunity to try the other day but really didn't want to waste the mana (would have needed a potion) in case it didn't work and I needed that potion to win. Fortunately I won anyway (can't remember if I needed the potion in the end - I was too excited at unlocking dragons) but would be good to know for the future.
Kingdom of One

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Tue May 28, 2013 9:42 pm

I just posted a run where my berserker spawned right next to a shop with +10% damage it, 2 potions (1 of each), taurog and dracul.
He then proceeded to thrash the entire level without blinking or caring. It is certainly my most overpowered run so far.
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons