[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - I finished the Vicious Gaan-Telet.

I finished the Vicious Gaan-Telet.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: I finished the Vicious Gaan-Telet.

Postby Waldo0 on Fri May 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Wow, you guys don't know about true power of vampire well. :o

I'll tell my first secret tip <3.

Vampire has good advantages with some item.
---------------------------- 5 star power--------------------------------------
Teddy Bear(Patch) : Teddy Bear is Vampire's best friend <3. Teddy has many great things what Vamp needs. Vamp immune at mana-burn and poison.
Dragon Shield : More resist? More blood!
RBS+Plate Mail : you chose RBS?, Why not Plate Mail? You are already slow and won't loss any blood with low level monsters.
Wicked Guitar : Time to invest your blood banks :)
Avatar Codex + BURNDAYRAZ : The boss is blood less? Be magician!
---------------------------- 4 star power--------------------------------------
RBS : Goo will participate your member of blood banks, and ghost will be weaken, but don't need to use If there is no phys res monsters in the map.
High Resist + Platemail : Hit me! I will take your blood!
GETINDARE : No RBS and Platemail? Don't worry, GETINDARE will give free blood to you!
HALPMEH : You can easily control your blood and mana against Exhausted mode.
Transmutation seal + Sensation stone combo : I'll be a royal vampire.
----------------------------3 star power---------------------------------------
Platemail : I don't have GETINDARE or I should fight with same or high level.
BURNDAYRAZ : I don't drink the last annoying small amount of blood :p. Burn it plz!
Venom Dagger : BRB, I forgot to give food to my blood banks.
Extra Attack Boosters : You will need this. Right?
Tower Shield : Cheap and Good
----------------------------2 star power----------------------------------------
Eleven Boots : If you are rich and don't need to use the money? choose it.
Base Damage items : You can drink more blood? You need these.
----------------------------1 star power----------------------------------------
Quick silver potion : YAY! free blood.
Reflex potion : YAY! free blood.

Edit: Lujo: right, BURNDAYRAZ is good for magician vampire.
Last edited by Waldo0 on Fri May 24, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Lujo on Fri May 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Not to sound uppity but how does knowing this translate to beating VT VGT? I know all this, and you forgot to mention Bloodtopowa which makes the vampire a really kick ass spellcaster and he is the absolute best guy to wield it, and I've used all of this many many times and I couldn't guess that anything but the luckiest combo of these could actually build up fast enough.

Otherwise it's a nice roster of items that synergize with the vamp. Except bloodtopowa which is missing. Would recommend to new users fondly.

But your secret strat, that one I don't know :D
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Waldo0 on Fri May 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Actually I don't like to tell my specific strategy in public, because it is same showing a answer of fun math problem to people who don't solve it yet. I HATE THIS!!! :oops:

Whatever.. I hope this will be my last time showing my answer.

---------------------VT VGT with vampire--------------------------------
Prep: Really Big Sword, Translocation seal, Dragon Shield, Extra Attack Booster, Patch, Quick Silver, Reflex, Fortitude Tonic, Burn Salve, Vicious Token.
Veto: Viper ward, Soul Orb, Mage Plate, Crystal ball, Pendant of Mana, Tri-Sword, Pendent of Health.

Must have to clear this map: enough resist from patch, plate mail(minor:vampiric blade), enough blood banks.

Should have If you can: BYSSEPS(This is for boss don't pick until you meet boss. minor:piercing wand), Balanced Dagger, Wicked Guitar, Glove of Midas, HALPMEH.

Good to have: early troll room(two sensation stone), early +5% resist scroll room, suitable timing bloodless room, Tower Shield, Venom Dagger, Translocation seal : early Dwarven Gauntlet or elven boots.

Restart timing: No Must have thing, early no experience room.

Specific Case1 : There are two annoying monsters to disturb drinking blood. Violate Lizard(Weaken) and Golem(Weaken and corrosion). If you met one of them, use your Quick Silver and Reflex potion.

It was Golem? use your Burn Salve. and use Fortitude tonic when you slay the lizard.
It was lizard? Don't drink anything. and use Fortitude tonic and Burn Salve when you slay the Golem.

Specific Case2 : What should buy with Translocation seal? early Dwarven gauntlet > Platemail or Vamp Blade > or elven boots or venom dagger > some high CP items(if you need)

Specific Case3 : Don't pick health and mana potions if you don't use it now! You don't have a enough inventory.

Specific Case4 : I really need a small slot now!!! Drink Quick silver.

Specific Case5 : You can use WEYTWUT, WONAFYT and BURNDAYRAZ at very early leveling stage, but high blood steal is much more important. Just convert to CP ASAP except HALPMEH and BYSSEPS(you don't need to use BURNDAYRAZ and BLUDTUPOWA in this strategy. Just convert it).

Specific Case6 : Use meat man leveling up, Don't kill them to lvl up.

Specific Case7 : Don't afraid to drink your blood pools.

Specific Case8 : Use Meat man and Golem(Corrosion) and maybe troll? in the 1~9 room as blood banks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Waldo0 on Sat May 25, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Waldo0

Postby Darvin on Fri May 24, 2013 5:52 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri May 24, 2013 5:59 pm

Ok, this is also pretty much all self explanatory, but thanks for sharing. I understand the wards - they're useless and you're strapped for cash unless you have the gloves, and even then there are higher priority things in there. I'd ban hero's helm myslelf instead of one of those. Otherwise I like the veto slot list - you sharing that was really nice of you.

Translocation is a must - no money otherwise (I just had a run which would've been an easy win if I didn't purchase the gauntlests as my first item. I had everything else I thought I need and it goes according to the list).

Again, that's a very mathodical list, and I really have to say wow and thanks for sharing it - but the fact is it hinges on getting lucky with patches or bust. And getting enough hits from patches is just something I can't seem to do. I consider myself very, very lucky if I get 3 hits of resistances, and you'd need more than that to make it work. Otherwise it's just sensible Vampire play.

And now that I took another look at it - there's also a lot of scumming involved there besides patches. I can't say how much is necessary, but I generally draw the line if there is more than one element I have to scum for and this would take quite a few. So I probably never would have done it myself.

So don't be worried about sharing - you didn't share anything that we didn't know already, you just confirmed that we were on the right track and that there isn't something totaly different which we missed completely. Did you try out your mystery strat in Gaan'Telet at all?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Waldo0 on Fri May 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Last edited by Waldo0 on Fri May 24, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Waldo0

Postby Waldo0 on Fri May 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Waldo0

Postby Waldo0 on Fri May 24, 2013 6:20 pm