Can´t find bank

All things Desktop Dungeons

Can´t find bank

Postby Vincent on Thu May 30, 2013 12:51 pm

Hello
New player here.
Cudos to dev´s for this innovative game.

I have this problem - I cannot seem to find the bank. I have 400 gold but i cannot spend it on anything (except sword/shield or a slayer wand for quests) & the game tells me i cannot store more cash without a bank. I read through some posts & it mentions a Bank quests & although i can fetch a couple of different quests none of them mentions a bank. I don´t want to proceed loosing out on cash until i find the bank.

Any help appreciated.
Vincent

Re: Can´t find bank

Postby dislekcia on Thu May 30, 2013 6:54 pm

Have you killed both Bankers? What quests do you have available right now?
dislekcia

Postby Vincent on Thu May 30, 2013 10:09 pm

No "bankers" as far as i can see. I have all starting quests in the "Explorers guild" except "Intro to puzzles";
Agbars Academy - Slowing pt 1, Slowing pt 2, Fireball tricks pt 1, Fireball tricks pt 2, Advanced Petrifying
Tutorials - The Basics, Powerups, Glyphs, Items & Trophies
Starter Pack - Intro to puzzles (solved), Enemy matching, Strike Order, Positioning, Experience

The thing is, i bought and played this game about a years ago & i gathered this gold at the time. I never got far but I´ve returned now & a lot has changed so i´m not sure how to proceed next.
I am aware that any build i play now (most likely) will get nullified once the game goes live. I just fancy to start collecting cash to unlock some stuff asap - a pointer to which quests i would have to solve in order to get the bank quests would be great.
Vincent

Postby dislekcia on Fri May 31, 2013 11:34 am

Aha, the Explorer's Guild has puzzles in it, not quests. Sorry for the confusion ;)

Quests are visible as flags on the map screen (click the Tavern or the "Adventure!" button) one of those should mention Bankers in some way... I guess it's possible that you might have a save versioning issue with unlocking the bank, because we added some quests there a while back. If you have more dungeons available than just the Den of Danger and the Venture Cave and no quests that ask you to kill the Bankers (which are temporary bosses in those two dungeons) then I'd suggest starting a new profile.

Let me know if you manage to come right!
dislekcia

Postby Vincent on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:26 am

Yay, did those two quests you mentioned above and can now store up to 1800 Gold in my bank.
Many Thanks :D
Vincent

Postby dislekcia on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:21 pm

Thank Aequitas for doing the voodoo that automatically keeps everyone's save files working through major progression updates ;)
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons