Burnt Toast

All things Desktop Dungeons

Burnt Toast

Postby GoatBot on Fri May 31, 2013 7:05 pm

Discussion - Burnt Toast
GoatBot

Re: Burnt Toast

Postby flap on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:12 am

Ha. The changes to the kingdom do really look better.
I have just fired a new game to enjoy a full kingdom evolution.

The new fighting interface seems rather efficient, but I still think that it would be great that a single click would hit, while keeping the mouse pressed opens the panels (allowing both quick fight AND quick access to available objects)
flap

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:59 am

That could be a whole different selection option (if the devs have time). Synthetic mode or something like that.

Nice art and toasties! This is great!

One minor thing. For the extended tutorial, the huts building does not have a building panel.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:29 am

I really like the new fighting system! Right mouse click to lock in a monster feels very good and it solves some problems. Now you can see all the monster trait popups and regen fighting with the use of space should be very efficient.

I used the pop up system because I liked to see the different possibilities in a fight. But it really annoyed me that I couldn't just attack with a single click when I wanted to.
It might be a good idea to add the other possible actions into the monster panel so you don't have to switch in a fight when you want to use a glyph.

I think an option to get the popup menu with right click is also something I would like because then the menu is right near the monster.

Edit: I just saw that burndayaz is also an option, it's only the other glyphs and potions that are missing.
berpdreyfuss

Postby flap on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:15 pm

I realise now that graphical kingdom development is more than just a few building srpites : I love how new pathway develop around the kingdom. Good job.

A suggestion though : when unlocking/improving a building, maybe should it be created when we are reading the message. So it would be more obvious where it lies, and which building corresponds to which message. For example, when finishing of the 3 goats on hte kindom map (or maybe after the first banker mission, I don't remember), the player sees an entirely new kindom and is overwelmed with messages. Changing stuff one after the other might make it clearer, and look nicer...
flap

Postby booooooze on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:55 pm

Generally like the hybrid attack system, seems very buggy right now, though. Sometimes it locks, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes you move next to the monster to attack it, sometimes you don't, sometimes you move for no apparent reason...

Would still trade it all for keyboard movement.
booooooze

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:44 pm

love the new look, haven't messed to much with the new right click interface, but I'm liking the idea
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Return to Desktop Dungeons