[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Does QCF understand how much fun DD is?

Does QCF understand how much fun DD is?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Does QCF understand how much fun DD is?

Postby booooooze on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:44 am

I suppose I should have started a new thread if I wanted to know whether we'd ever have access to all our stats. Stupid locker argument. <sigh>
booooooze

Postby Waldo0 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:23 am

Last edited by Waldo0 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Waldo0 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:28 am

*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby booooooze on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:50 am

booooooze

Postby Lujo on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:20 am

I'm sorry if I sounded blunt about all of it - that's because I have a different personal opinion about the process.

The process is the same - it's not retarded, it's reasonable. It's painfully reasonable. You can like it, not like it, prefer it, despize it, be oblivious to it, not care for it, subbornly ignore it or find it perfect, but it really is the way to get things done. It's definitely not retarded, and neither are you. I can be blunt about it, you can bring the positive out, none of it matters.

Because it has no alternative. At least no alternative that can match the results. You can do it because you like it, I can do it because I want to spend the least possible amount of time with DD doing stuff other than runs. But you'd do it even if there was an alternative, I very likely wouldn't. But being angry or irritated at us for noticing it is actually being angry at us for being reasonable and using our heads.

Now whether the devs should work on it or not - it's their business. If they think a low percentage of the playerbase is going to interact with it, they can ignore the whole thing, and then they'll have threads with the name such of this one cropping up. I'd say it's my opinion, but since I've been banned for 2 weeks and this thread is here I'd say it's not. I also think it doesn't matter what kind of person you are and that this problem/situation is noticeable to all sorts of players in various situations. And, err, I wrote another textwall...

...and haven't adressed one other thing - paying a nice stack of gold isn't the same as phoning an agency to play something for you. The only way to gain a relevant amount is to play runs. For example - waldo did a million runs to get enough gold for extra locker slots. I'd only ever do it through PQI/burning rewards (without puttin in extra effort to potimize the procedure). Could we both do it? Yes. Was there a choice between doing specific gold-centered/optimized runs, or simply playing the game and getting the benefit naturally? Yes. But "scumming for gold" is actually possible to do while playing the game as it is - you get better at the game, the gold starts flowing. I think this part of the discussion needs looking into.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby dislekcia on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:04 pm

I fail to see how the same people stating the same opinions and constantly misrepresenting other people's arguments (usually via straw men) is supposed to change anything. Can we stop doing this please? I'd much rather talk about stats.

I replied about useful developer time investment, given the impact on the most players possible. That's informed by a lot more than just these forums, which collect the most hardcore players. This entire forum could think one thing and not be anywhere near representative of the majority of DD players.
dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:20 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:26 pm

On the topic of Stats: I would love to see how many runs I've done, total gold earned, number of bosses and boss types killed, number of monter and monster types killed etc, etc An administration building seems appropriate to the flavor of the game as well :)

On the topic of MtG: I used to love the game, but i hated any version of digitizing they have done.

On the topic of Lockers: Honestly to me right now they are just a way for me to start a run with a fine sword :)
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons