[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - TT and me

TT and me

All things Desktop Dungeons

TT and me

Postby squirrelnest on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:50 pm

So, TT is a fine god. I think. I like him.

I always use him exactly the same way, right at the end of the map. Save all my popcorn, convert in, buy piety with gold then one or two stacks of xp gain, eat popcorn, then grab some reflex pots.

I can't think of any reason that I'd rather take him early. Anyone know what I'm missing, or is he a late game only grab for you too?
squirrelnest

Re: TT and me

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:52 pm

The other way is pick him up at level 2 or 3 and take as many hits of Tikki's Edge as possible. You'll have to burn a ton of popcorn to do it, but it works out all right. This is amazing when done with an Assassin, who can basically clear any VICIOUS map by following this strategy.
Sidestepper

Postby booooooze on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:04 pm

What Sidestepper said.

I'll gladly take him at 2. He gives a ton of piety, a ton of gold, a ton of experience, half the dodge chance of being a rogue, poison for fun and more piety, GETINDARE, and saves exploration because as soon as you get 2 levels of Tiki's Edge you get the same XP bonus for killing something one lvl below you as you do for killing something one lvl above you. And then you can dump leftover piety into dodge/reflex pots or your inevitable conversion to Dracul.

It's like the balanced dagger: why kill something one lvl higher than you for a +2XP bonus when you can wait til you level up, kill it more easily, and get +3XP?

Goblin Tiki Assassins can mop up Vicious token dungeons with ease. (I mean, any goblin assassin can, but the Tiki goblin assassin gets super powers)
booooooze

Postby Darvin on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:10 pm

Rogues, Berserkers, and Crusaders make good "early" TT worshippers because they can end their fights with relatively few hits, incurring little piety loss. Berserkers and Crusaders also benefit enormously from GETINDARE. Paladins also benefit enormously from early TT worship, because they can ignore his penalties whenever they get into a slug-fest and just shrug it off while staying at 0 piety.

On the end-game spiking side, Fighters and Assassins are the obvious combos, but anyone with a good bowl of popcorn and sharp enough teeth to munch it with will enjoy Tikki Tooki. Warlords are super-tricky with TT, but if you can get your hands on some indulgences for death protection they are positively amazing with him.
Darvin

Postby booooooze on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:39 pm

For fun, my next flaming dungeon was Cursed Oasis. Not a Vicious, to be sure, but an annoying dungeon, for me. I decided to prep a TT Goblin Assassin and give it a run with just TT. Worshiped at lvl 1, got lucky with an early WEYTWUT got lucky again with zombie gold subdungeon, but still finished off the boss with almost half the map unexplored. Note the 155 bonus XP with an average lvl diff of -2.45 (no Yendor in there).

Early TT worship is glorious.

booooooze

Postby Darvin on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:42 pm

Nice find there with Zombie Money.
Darvin

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:01 am

Early TT is also a great way to equip GETINDARE fast. I'm probably one of the few players who actually likes Tikki's poison now... I think the stacking poison just doesn't feel as OP as the old implementation, but it's a great way to grab high level kills if you've got fireball and thus increase the size of your popcorn bowl.
dislekcia

Postby Naoya on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:54 am

Naoya

Postby The Avatar on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:32 am

Yeah, poison's only good if you convert out. I like early TT (because I LOVE GETINDARE), and Tiki's Edge leves you with more overall popcorn for even more mid-fight level ups, piety and exp. It combos powerfully with itself.

I don't know about balanced dagger, but the potential is enourmous.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:24 am

Last edited by Lujo on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons