'ere we go

Got a problem? Let us know!

'ere we go

Postby ZodiacShadow on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:03 am

Bugs I've encountered, replicated and been annoyed by (not counting a major one, which I've already reported to the devs): :ugeek:

Gorgons sometimes ignore The Earthmother's Entanglement Boon. I can't see how this would be intentional, so it'll be on here. Only seems to affect Gorgons, for some reason.

When dragging items - recently - they don't actually follow the mouse. This has led to some rather unlucky conversions for me, as I've accidentally 'dropped' the wrong item onto the conversion bar.

Most likely not even a bug, but some game mechanic I've yet to fully comprehend - sometimes, gods don't give free Glyphs upon worshipping. I know that they don't when converting... but apart from that, I can't really pinpoint how it works. I've had cases where they don't give their Glyph even when it doesn't appear naturally in the dungeon, which disproves my theory that they only give it if it doesn't exist, and I've had cases where they do give their Glyph even if it already exists... how does that work, really?
ZodiacShadow

Re: 'ere we go

Postby dislekcia on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:00 am

Gorgons deal damage in two discrete "bursts", their death gaze does unresistable damage, then the normal hit precedence takes over and they do a normal attack. This means that the death gaze damage can "pop off" a slow effect from an enemy, which (if it's higher level than the player or has first strike) will then hit the player before the player hits them with their regular attack. This is all taken into account by prediction, so if you're going to get hit, the game will tell you. It should also show you a pip in the enemy's damage indicator where your death gaze damage ends.

Dragging images broke somehow recently. No idea why. Looking into it.

The gods that do give free glyphs will always grant free glyphs when you worship them fresh (not converting in from another god), there's no code that messes with this. The only thing that could be happening is that their glyphs could be spawning further away if the dungeon is choked around the altar. I have seen some glyphs spawn in secrets before ;)
dislekcia

Postby ZodiacShadow on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Well, this answered two of my questions.
For the slow effect, though, I mean enemy gorgons. They seem to sometimes and arbitrarily decide not to be slowed whenever I Entangle them - Wynafyt and Weytwut work just fine.

Thanks for the fast response, too. It's great to be heard. :D
ZodiacShadow

Postby dislekcia on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Um, I've tested this side and Entanglement slows everything you can see when you get the boon.

Are you perhaps inadvertently popping the slow off with burning damage maybe?
dislekcia

Postby ZodiacShadow on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:34 am

I can't imagine I am. I mean, it's usually all gorgons EVEN RIGHT AFTER the boon has been purchased, even if I'm not using Burndayraz. I can try to reproduce it, if you want? Can I find useful log data for it, somehow?

EDIT: I just had this weird "everything flashes when killing a plant"-situation. Uhh... attached here.

ZodiacShadow

Return to Support