[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Help with Silver Challenges

Help with Silver Challenges

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Help with Silver Challenges

Postby booooooze on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:06 am

Bloodmage is everyone's favorite, if I remember it correctly. Goblin with knockback mace was always my best for that one.
booooooze

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:55 am

I thought assassin silver had the first form of Anoobisas a level 9 dude with ridiculous stats that you are supposed to swift hands...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:20 am

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:00 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby ChasGB on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:34 pm

BM silver was such a pain in the ass that in was compelled to make a wiki page after I finally beat it. Even with the right strat there's no guarantee your run will be successful.

Unlock the Whurrgarbl and Gloves of Midas first so they can appear in shops. I had the best results with Dwarf prepped with Bear Mace and apothecary. Buy a burn salve off the bat from one, mana pot with other. Save all bloodpools for boss, use all mana pots during leveling to get the most out of your pools, and pray to the DD gods for good luck.
ChasGB

Postby Checkem on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:48 pm

I think i will beat VT VGTL before I can beat BM silver....
Checkem

Postby ChasGB on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:39 pm

There's definitely a big element of luck in BM silver, but trust me, if I can beat it, you probably can too. It won't be easy and it may take you 10 tries of where you get close but don't quite make it, but with the right strat (goblin/dwarf, bearmace, etc) and careful blood pool conservation you can do it.

Problem I kept running into was accidentally stepping into blood pools when exploring. I found that if I moved myself fromthe other end of my explored space to the tile next to a blood pool, B2P would be more likely to reveal the tiles adjacent to the blood pool I wanted to conserve. In this way you can preserve more pools leading up to the boss. Usually with BM you drink blood to get health to convert to mana during leveling, but in this challenge its better to use your mana pots first so you get the most out of Sanguine.

Also, the boss's plants are either poison, manaburn, or corrosive. Poison and manaburn are irrelevant b/c you'll be out of blackspace, will be primarily hitting the boss with physical attacks (bysepps is almost better than fireball against the boss, 3 blood pools = full health and a bysepps cast against Trikkistix). Save a burn salve for the corrosive plants because you will inevitably pick up a few stacks during the fight, and after when you clear plants out when you get to his second form. The first time I beat BM silver, I had over 100 stacks of corrosion from cleaning out plants upon getting to his second form, and a single burn salve got rid of them all.
ChasGB

Postby Nandrew on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:30 am

Nandrew

Postby antherem on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:09 pm

Personally, I'm stuck on Transmuter Silver - if I don't get a shop early with the Balanced Dagger, as well as WONAFYT or WEYTWUT, there isn't enough experience to get to level 10.
antherem

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Do you have all races? Play as the orange skinned race if you want to win.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons