[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Such A Draaaaagggg

Such A Draaaaagggg

All things Desktop Dungeons

Such A Draaaaagggg

Postby GoatBot on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Discussion - Such A Draaaaagggg
GoatBot

Re: Such A Draaaaagggg

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 pm

I find the new "drag" option is a bit too trigger-happy if I'm rapidly clicking on different tiles (for instance, to pick up all the gold scattered on the ground in the secret gold subdungeon).
Darvin

Postby flap on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:29 pm

It looks way more convinient that the first try !
It might be usefull to display glyphs such as wonafyt when sliding over the player, as well as usable objects...
And why not opening the worship screen when doing it on a altar. But that would be opening the can of worms (what to do with the shops, posts, exits...)
flap

Postby dislekcia on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Um, it should show WONAFYT when you drag the player already...

We debated the whole idea of letting people buy and worship by dragging, but those weren't things that conflicted with the enemy panel/inventory switch that you end up doing a lot during combat, so we didn't implement them because they're not hard for players to do.

Plus you can already hold CTRL to open up your current altar, provided it's reachable at the moment ;)
dislekcia

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:46 pm

Wow, I didn't know that (the ctrl thing). Good to know and very useful!

I don't really get what the dragging is for. It feels indirect in some way. Is it meant to make it easier on touchscreens?
berpdreyfuss

Postby flap on Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:19 am

flap

Postby TheSchachter on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:59 pm

I have to say, I like this alternate input method quite a lot! I'm probably not going to use it much, since by now I'm so used to the traditional input and have basically memorized all the glyph hotkeys, but I can definitely see this working very well for touch interface play. Speaking of which, I currently have no such devices, but Desktop Dungeons alone might be enough to convince me to get one. The idea of getting to play it anywhere sounds too good to be left alone :P
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Darvin on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Okay, it is way too easy to use ENDISWAL or drink a potion by accident with the new click and drag interface. I've done this way too many times where a click has been interpreted as a drag, and by the time the context menu appears the action has already fired.

I really don't like this new system; I don't find it particularly useful on a PC (can't speak for touch-screen) and it's coming up quite often in situations where I don't want it at all. Can we have the option to disable it entirely?
Darvin

Postby booooooze on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:13 am

Seconded on the drag thing. No bueno for touchpads on a laptop.
booooooze

Postby Somnium on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:54 pm

PLEASE add an option to disable this feature. It's terrible on touch pads and I've died a couple of times because of it.
Somnium

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons