Kingdom Sidebar Visual Changes

All things Desktop Dungeons

Do you like the new look of the kingdom sidebar?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Yes
71%
No
14%
I barely notice it.
14%

Total votes : 7

Kingdom Sidebar Visual Changes

Postby Fatman on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:26 pm

I normally don't come onto forums to complain about visual changes, actually I rarely ever come to forums and post, but the new sidebar for the kingdom screen really stuck out to me.

First, I have to say that I REALLY like this game ever since I stumbled onto it through a gaming news site.

When I loaded the game recently after a long hiatus, the only thing that I could think about was how bright the sidebar is. I can see that there is a bit more information and functionality in the new layout, but the old parchment background really sticks out against the generally dark aesthetic of the rest of the game. I also noticed it's used for the Alter screens, too. On top of feeling too bright the new background isn't very convincing or subtle.

I'd like to hear how others feel about it, maybe I'm in the minority here. I'm definitely not going to stop playing the game because of it.
Fatman

Re: Kingdom Sidebar Visual Changes

Postby Waldo0 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:48 pm

Personally, I prefer center-popup-windows rather than the sidebars, because the town map and world map are inharmonious with these sidebars.

However, I know the art design is changing and developing at present, so IMO, It is a little bit early to talk about this design subject.
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Re: Kingdom Sidebar Visual Changes

Postby Lujo on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:43 pm

It is a bit too bright, I've had this pass through my head a few times before. I like the design, but it could be a few shades darker.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Return to Desktop Dungeons