[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - wonafyt monster position

wonafyt monster position

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: wonafyt monster position

Postby Lujo on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:21 am

As the preeminent forum expert in the field of putting things in the worst possible way I have to say that the wording on that thing can use adjustment.

Not sure if it's the right way to go about it but it could be a bit more instructive and a bit less descriptive. And err, we're a right bunch of doofuses sitting around talking about it when it's on a wiki and anyone at all can edit it. :D
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Bloggorus on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:23 am

Bloggorus

Postby Dreamdancer on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:44 am

@Bloggorus: The new write-up is also nice and much more informative.

Added the information in which order the monsters (same-level -> lower-level) get summoned.
Added the tip that you can use WONAFYT for slowing a same-level monster you have recently attacked (interesting for characters with the Balanced Dagger).
Dreamdancer

Postby Lujo on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:20 am

Tried to edit the last section a little bit but couldn't get the paragraph with but couldn't get it to register "next row" command and not it looks awful :(
Lujo

Postby flap on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:56 pm

I like that new article !
Darvin had made a great analysis of the strategies and opportunities. But that new version fells more comfortable to read as we start and what it is good for for, rather than why it is bad...

I have made some very minor changes (adding hotkey, some corrections...)
flap

Postby Lujo on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm not 100% sure but it's such an odd notion to have that I'm convinced I herd it somewhere:

I think the fighter is more likely to have wonnafyt spawn. It's sort of a compromise because tier 1 classes don't start with glyphs, yet the glyph and the popcorn bowling it allows is really sinergistic with the fighter.
Lujo

Postby Bloggorus on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Bloggorus

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:28 am

it is definitely magic resistible, it has happened to me multiple times
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby sitnaltax on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:11 am

I think the name is counterintuitive, which makes it tough. A more accurate name would be DONTWANAFYTYET.

It's magic-resistable, but it prefers to target non-magic-resistant targets if any remain.
sitnaltax

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:13 am

I added that part - it prefers non-magic resistant targets, then targets magic resistant ones. And then it can fail, just like imawal. It's a bit of an annoying mechanic, the percentage chance to randomly dodge utility glyphs" magic resistant monsters have, especially when it streaks, and here's exactly why:

Casting utility glyphs is generally "unnecessary". It could give you big benefits, but it can be really marginal or simply "win more". Yet those glyphs cost exploration - 5 - 8 tiles of it. Randomly doubling, tripling or even quadroupling the cost of an utility glyph just looks like idiot bait, because you can simply use that utility glyph on any other monster, or not use it at all. It'd be less annoying if those monsters simply couldn't be teleported or petrified 100% of the time. Heck if we were talking really evil, make them un-knocbackable too...
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons