[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Was there a reset, or a bug?

Was there a reset, or a bug?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Was there a reset, or a bug?

Postby Kamendae on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Logged in at home this morning, played a bit, no problems. Came to work, tried to log in. Seemed to take longer than usual to do so. When I actually did get logged in, my profile had been reset - I'm back to the tutorials, with nothing else unlocked. If this is expected, that's fine - if not, :(
Kamendae

Re: Was there a reset, or a bug?

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:25 am

dislekcia

Postby PeaceChaser on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:15 am

I've noticed lost progress once in a while, but I attributed it to using multiple computers to play, and sometimes leaving them logged in. When I play at one location, make some progress, and then go back to my main computer and close out an old, open session, I think it saves from the old file - therefor eliminating the progress made.
PeaceChaser

Postby Kamendae on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:22 am

Kamendae

Postby Kamendae on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:09 am

Kamendae

Postby Kamendae on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:51 pm

This happened to me again just now - logged in at work, and got a message saying "Profile created successfully" - all progress erased.

While it's easy to say "well, just don't log in at work" - this should be a valid scenario for a coffee-break game.

Does anyone (on the dev team) want/need to look more closely at my account?
Kamendae

Postby dislekcia on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:03 pm

I've escalated this - will see what we can pull out of this tomorrow.

Two quick questions:
1. Were you logged in at home when you started to play at work?
2. Is your profile email address the same as the one you use to log in? (then we can pull your save-game and go from there)
dislekcia

Postby Aequitas on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:29 pm

2 things could have happened, either, you could have closed the window before the save was actually finished (this is possible because the saving slider was going away prematurely), or there could have been an issue saving that you were unaware of (this is possible because the code path to tell you there was an error was misfiring). Either way, sorry you lost your progress.

We've got some fixes in the pipe for the next update that should remedy your saving woes. The save slider now only disappears when a save has been confirmed, so just make sure you don't close the window while it's visible. You'll also be told when a save is unsuccessful, and prompted to retry or continue on. Additionally, if you try to save over a newer save file on the server, you'll be prompted to rather load that save, or if you like, override it with the version you have.

Once the next update has been released, please let us know if you have any more trouble.
Aequitas
Site Admin

Postby Kamendae on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:02 pm

@Dislekcia: I did not explicitly log out at home before I started to play at work, no, but I did close the browser and put my machine to sleep (and at least a few hours elapsed between leaving home and firing the game up at work). And, my profile email address is the same as my game log-in address.

@Aequitas: No worries, I know this is a beta. I'm not upset at the progress loss, I'm just trying to make sure the issue gets the necessary traction before you guys RTM.

Thanks, both!
Kamendae

Postby kobie on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi,

I can confirm this is still a problem. I just logged in to be greeted by a "new profile created" type of message. I don't close the window in the middle of saves and I had built up quite a groovy kingdom! Oh well, now I'll have to have all that fun AGAIN. But yeah, I guess I can see how losing my save is a bad thing :p
kobie

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons