[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Big cheer for impending content & speculation!

Big cheer for impending content & speculation!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Big cheer for impending content & speculation!

Postby Checkem on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Whoah, I totally support the Burn Viper boss idea for the southern swamp, whenever I'm doing a flamming dungeon, that's the one where I always play purist except for bet on boss because of how easy it is.
Also the thief needs a little a hell of a buff, I don't know about you guys, but I hate the Slime pit. Can't do it with the thief, but I accidentally did a purist fighter run that I had a really easy time with.
Could we list the dungeons that the thief has a lot of trouble with? Maybe that way it's easier to approach this.
Slime pit, Namtar's lair, and Demonic library for me. I think the thief can't deal with physical resist monster as well as the other classes? Maybe his first strike against a full health monster should have some degree of penetration?
Checkem

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:19 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:59 pm

Darvin

Postby squirrelnest on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:14 pm

About magic resist: any chance we could just make it so that the random spell fail cannot happen two times in a row? As in if IMAWAL fails, then yoyrs next cast is the same spell on the same monster it auto-succeeds?

Its a simple change that takes away a little of the randomness.

I always thought thief should get gold for killing lower level monsters. A pick-pocket type skill. I have no illusions that A) we could add a new class feature so late of B) that any class will have a 4th class feature. Still, as long as buffing the thief is being discussed...
squirrelnest

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:22 pm

Lujo

Postby Waldo0 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:27 pm

*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Lujo on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:36 pm

That would be too good and newbies would be picking him to farm gold in a stupid way*. I know I would if I were a newbie. It's like having a built in gloves of midas which stacks with gloves of midas :D

*stupid because actually beatig dungeons gives you MORE gold.
Lujo

Postby Waldo0 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:24 am

*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby The Avatar on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:17 am

The problem with shop related abilities is you are running to close to the tinker. What if in addition to all of the extra stuff he spawns he spawned an extra glyph. It would also make hybrid playing easier for him because you would have more chance to get hybrid fighting glyphs (APHEELSIK, HALPMEH, CYDSTEPP, etc).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:46 am

I think he already spawns an extra glyph.

I think he is actually fairly representative of a thief (of the burglar variety - he loots dungeon features :D)

My suggestion might've got lost in my verbose spam:

Make stabber give a minor bonus against debuffed or only burning opponents. Like a 10% bonus or maybe a small scaling damage boost in addition to the attack bonus on first hits. Easier to stab them when they stop drop and roll!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons