[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Special Edition Character Now Available!

Special Edition Character Now Available!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Special Edition Character Now Available!

Postby Darvin on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:20 pm

Blood Curse has no effect on Yendor, since it doesn't actually change the amount of XP required to reach the next level (unlike its equivalent effect from the alpha). As for balance dagger, depends on the timing of when you use it.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:24 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:14 am

@Darvin: I looked over your list, and I think you overrated Binlor. Without a piety farm, he effectively screws you. I just had a goatperson with Drac, Binlor, and Pactmaker, and it was terrible. Any shreds of piety I got from Drac were obliterated by Binlor the next level, and then the level after that I was forced to take Drac's punishment twice to get enough food. I won through fireballs and consensus+stoneskin, but it was difficult. Without a suitable piety farm or with Pactmaker, Binlor is ridiculously bad. With both, it's a nightmare. If you can manage to scrape 35 piety it is better, but it is still very painful.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Lots of scenarios can screw over the Goatperson. Tikki Tooki will screw you over if you get him at level 1. The thing about Binlor is that there are a variety of ways to manage him. Since the Goatperson has no natural resistance, just using up all your piety and sucking up his punishment is totally viable, and anything to get you 35 piety (consensus would have worked in your case) will turn him into a very nice benefit. I've had enormous success with Binlor so far, sucking up his penalty when I can't wall-break and then using him to fuel the other deities when I can.
Darvin

Postby Dreamdancer on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:41 am

Non-vet-hint for the vets: Mass09 Ledger
Especially if one wants to go for the Miser badge, this item should be awesome. Wish you much fun with it :D
Dreamdancer

Postby Lujo on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:50 pm

Dear lord. I think I actually have it lockered. I knew someone would break it eventually :D

Mad props to you, Dreamdancer!
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Gah... need more locker space. As if the sudden usefulness of the Balanced Dagger wasn't enough...

(My current locker is: Namtar's Ward, Dragonshield, Avatar's Codex, Blue Bead, Vampiric Sword, Martyr Wraps, Naga Cauldron, Amulet of Yendor, and Dragon Soul)
Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons