[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Map Tease

Map Tease

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Map Tease

Postby damousey on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:05 pm

damousey

Postby Darvin on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Darvin

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:34 am

I am very much looking forward to this update. In the current for I sometimes find myself scanning the map for the dungeon I am looking for if it is somewhere I don't go often. Apparently I actually missed the appearance of Gaan-Telet and it took me forever to find it on my map when I was ready to go there :)
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby Waldo0 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:13 am

Did you devs really think that the third stage of second goat quest is doable with the class at the situation?

COME ON!!! :x :x :x
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:13 am

Darvin

Postby FDru on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:12 pm

A couple things in that image are off-putting.

The grey lines are just ugly. Wouldn't they look better as "paths" or something else? I don't know, but they don't look good to me. And they give the impression that they're seeping into the actual dungeon images, even if they aren't actually...

Also everything just looks like it's floating, rather than being part of a landmass.

At least, it's better than the little generic dots we have now though.
FDru

Postby Waldo0 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:15 pm

*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby The Avatar on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:46 am

Make them free for the triple quests please. It's only special edition content, and it is an INSANE cash waste.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:24 am

The first mission set isn't bad. I got it third try, and made it to the final boss on each attempt.

The second mission set is another matter entirely, a real scum-fest.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Hmm... I'm really running up against a wall here on the second mission of the second tri-quest. Frankly, I'm not so sure that MW are the right locker prep. Also, since it seems that I need whupaz for the second mission (although I'll probably need it for the third), I have to scum immensely to get past even the first mission without using whupaz...

EDIT: Wow. Hit the third map. Didn't even reach that goblin boss. This is NASTY. I guess you basically have to reach level 10. Then, you need to prep/scum for troll heart, dwarven gauntlets, AND MW. And those are all in different item pools. Heck, I may not know the final final boss's hp, but it seems like if you get to him without throwing away your health potions and can take a hit you will be able to win. So, while scummy, this seems quite possible.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons