All things Desktop Dungeons

Pokepokepoke

Postby GoatBot on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Discussion - Pokepokepoke
GoatBot

Re: Pokepokepoke

Postby Lujo on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Looks like an awesome update!

Just when I think "time to start that one last playthrough" - there's new art that I don't want to miss coming down the pipeline.

Not to mention I'm still curious about what became of the more engaging taxidermist ideas you guys were talking about. If that's coming, it'll need to be tested so I might want to hold on to getting it on...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:04 am

One small problem with the new advisor tutorial thing: it doesn't let you see the level 0 flavor text. It is a very minor problem, but it is a shame nonetheless.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Raz on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:20 pm

I must admit this new kingdom startup felt a lot different than the last. Not only did the Elves and Dwarves find a thematic way to introduce themselves, the gold felt a bit tighter and choices were/are seeming much more meaningful somehow. Not sure just exactly what it is, but I like it. :D
Sorry if this felt like back tracking and delay from your end, but I think you've made a nice improvement in the very early kingdoms Epicness.

Edit: The Beginners Brigade and Second Generation seem very enticing/rewarding as training grounds now...
Last edited by Raz on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raz

Postby The Avatar on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:27 pm

Agreed. One small thing (which may exist and I missed it) is that you should add an advisor tutorial for the codex (that tells you to check it when you find something new). That would also lead to less confusion on how to figure out what monsters do.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:29 pm

We were actually talking about introducing the Codex via tutorials earlier today ;)
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons