[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Suggestions

Suggestions

All things Desktop Dungeons

Suggestions

Postby HexaDoken on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:48 am

1) Make a generic suggestion thread? I am surprised that at this time there still isn't one.

2) While in dungeon, display the cost of preparations currently used and current amount of kingdom gold. This is so you can hit Restart button while using preparations and not be like "geez I wonder how much gold I have wasted already... inb4 I come home and see an empty vault".

3) It might be benefical to add some way to check out what's in your locker while you're in dungeon. This is so if you come across a shop with some interesting item that is useless to your current run, but could be used for later as a locker prep, you don't go all "HMM does my locker have this item or it doesn't? derp I don't remember"

4) It appears to me that no matter how much bosses there were in the dungeon, you can carry out one and only one trophy, and it's the one you were standing on when you hit Exit button. If this is the case, tell the player in-dungeon the market value of the trophy he is currently standing on. So you don't go all "hmmm... does the warlock beard cost more gold at taxidermist... or was it nose ring... don't remember"

5) Remove/add an option to remove the popup warning that tells you "Your vaults are full!" and appears every time you hit the tavern. I have a tendency to not spend money at all, and therefore every so often I have to go to some random dungeon, grab all the preps I can, and massively suicide the character at step 1 just to lower the amount of gold in kingdom and get rid of the annoying popup. Seriously, a one-time warning when I first hit the cap and displaying the gold number in red ever after is more than enough.
HexaDoken

Re: Suggestions

Postby dislekcia on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. No idea if we'll implement them all, but I'm sure we'll talk about them in the next team meeting :D
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:22 pm

1) Very true.

2) I would think it is just needed on the results screen.

3) I would like to make an addition to this: you should be able to locker/veto from the results screen. I was trying to veto a whole group of items, and every time I found one I had to exit, veto, then prep up and go through another permit.

4) Yes. This is a great idea.

5) I don't know, it wouldn't really be relevant for me.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:02 pm

I think that there would be a much higher chance for suggestions to be lost if they were all piled into one big thread instead of separate and distinct topics. Especially since -- unlike bug reports -- individual suggestions can tend towards generating entire discussions by themselves.
Nandrew

Postby HexaDoken on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Well... generating a separate thread for each suggestion just kinda feels awkward...

About point 4 - I've got another idea - just let the player carry out multiple boss trophies, maybe with successive trophies costing less or something. This will both give the incentive to farm gold at harder dungeons(since harder dungeons tend to have more bosses) and the incentive to not sell the extra trophies at the spot for absolutely not overpowered 25 gold boost.

That being said, are potions counted towards the "your loot was sold" part? I.e. does using less potions make me more rich? Because that would be slightly awesome.
HexaDoken

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Not important enough to make a full thread about it, nor really on topic anywhere else, so I'll just leave this suggestion here:

Jehora Jeheyu should have a small chance of invoking a gender swap as one of his "punishments". Seems appropriate for a god of chaos.
Darvin

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:41 pm

Darvin I find your suggestion both hilarious and elegant
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby squirrelnest on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:57 am

squirrelnest

Postby Jambo11 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:39 am

As you hover the cursor over an enemy your health bar shows how much damage you who take. This is a great feature, but the portion that shows the damage looks like necrotized flesh...which is quite disgusting. Will we be able change this In the final version of the game? If not, could it be changed to a less nauseating appearance on the development end?
Jambo11

Postby dislekcia on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:55 pm

dislekcia

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons