[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The map is here!

The map is here!

All things Desktop Dungeons

The map is here!

Postby GoatBot on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Discussion - The map is here!
GoatBot

Re: The map is here!

Postby Lujo on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:09 pm

Wooot!

Looks great and I'm curious about your hints about it changing graphics according to completion.

Also, greatful about the "offer basic tutorial" thing, it's an important change.

What's left except a bit of polish and bug squishing?

(Oh, there's deffinite room for small but vital improvements on the recent interface additions IMO, and codex might need a bit of reorganizing, probably does, but any major stuff still in the works?)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby mattnotgeorge on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:44 pm

A little off-topic, but on the subject of "what's left, just out of curiosity, have you been working on the iOS release concurrently? I understand that Unity is pretty good for porting cross-platform but I'm wondering how far you think it'll be after the full release that we get mobile versions. Basically, ever since the Alpha, this has been my holy grail ideal of a mobile game and I will be first in line to throw my money at you all over again for a portable copy! Map is beautiful, by the way, holy cow.

edit: Ahhhh the quest flags are now actually on the locations they involve instead of scattered around haphazardly! Amazing! Login screen is getting slick, too.
mattnotgeorge

Postby dislekcia on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:58 pm

dislekcia

Postby mattnotgeorge on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Ha, yeah, I definitely didn't mean to imply the porting would be trivial. Major side note, but just out of curiosity, have you played Zaga-33 or 868-Hack by Michael Brough? They're both currently iOS exclusives but the latter (which I REALLY recommend checking out, it's a little more fleshed out than Zaga) is coming to PC later this year. They both fill a similar puzzle-roguelike niche as Desktop Dungeons but have even shorter average play sessions and a set of very simple, streamlined, elegant mechanics. The latter has some cool metagame progression/unlock stuff as well. I definitely recommend it heartily if you want to see something that manages to fit the same overall genre of DD while also bringing its own weird innovations to the table!

edit: Ah, Zaga-33 actually has a free PC and Mac version here
mattnotgeorge

Postby dislekcia on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 pm

dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:13 am

I love the new map. Seriously, great job devs.

On an entirely different note, I liked the old prestige graphic more. It seemed more Desktop-Dungeonsesque to me. Anyone agree or disagree?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:30 am

berpdreyfuss

Postby Raz on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:56 pm

Raz

Postby flap on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:45 pm

I don't know when this has been added, but I like the way the elves are introduced. (I don't remember meeting one of them after beating one of the bankers)
And of course, the map is cool.
flap

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons