[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The "FFFFUUUUU" Thread

The "FFFFUUUUU" Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

The "FFFFUUUUU" Thread

Postby GG Crono on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Make a really boneheaded mistake and need to vent about it? Post it here! Share your epic failures with the community, so that we may wince in sympathy.

I was getting close to beating Ick Swamp for the first time, thanks in no small part to the lucky find of a CYDSTEPP at level 2, and the purchase of a Wharrgarbl at a shop. Then I accidentally clicked on a level 1 Gorgon and died.
GG Crono

Re: The "FFFFUUUUU" Thread

Postby Deadman on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:12 pm

If I were to FFFFFUUUU every time I screwed myself over with a misclick I would be banned for flooding
Deadman

Postby q 3 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:48 pm

I think this has been suggested before, but I strongly believe that any action that would actually kill you needs to be disabled - this is already the case for some things, like a Bloodmage trying to drink a mana potion while at less than 60% health - and I can't think of a good reason for it not to be the case for nearly all fatal moves. At the moment there are only two instances in which a player would reasonably want to suicide, namely when the exit stairs are cut off and when you have a chance to dodge. The menu options already provide a way to give up a run without suiciding on a monster, so that's unnecessary, and for dodging the game could simply allow for suicidal attacks if the player has a chance to dodge.
q 3

Postby michal.lewtak on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:55 pm

It would lose its in-your-face charm if they were to add safety measures like that. I like a game that is fair, but doesn't care about me and makes me learn to be careful the hard way. Kinda like Dungeons of Dredmor, but I don't play that game, I can't even see enemies' stats, HP, anything.
michal.lewtak

Postby PeaceChaser on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:05 pm

PeaceChaser

Postby Xanopticon on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Here's one that isn't just a mis-click.

I just completed the last Quest of Bloodsoaked Blade.... after failing with only 1 more hit left on the boss (that was hard to take). So I was in a rush when I just completed it, exited, left the ending stats screen... then closed the window before hitting ok on the quest box that gives you your stuff. Now I have to do it again.
Xanopticon

Postby PeaceChaser on Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:19 pm

The item should still be in the locker screen. Plus it should be available at regular shops - you just have to buy it then leave the dungeon and slap it in a locker.
PeaceChaser

Postby Xanopticon on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:54 pm

Xanopticon

Postby Smirk on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:33 am

I beat the Mage boss in cult of personality, immediately clicked for my loot and got killed by the undead spawn :roll: . Now i keep trying to beat bleaty and keep failing miserably.
Smirk

Postby bla0815 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Going with a pure fireball bloodmage at Namtar. Everything works out fine until i realize 4th form and onwards have counter fireball. Stopped this approach like a very solid brickwall. Now i remember that i have seen it before and thought: "Well, melee is much more powerful anyways...". Why did i even try this?

EDIT: Wouldn't have mattered anyways since saving fails again. Now that's reason to FFFUUUU :/
bla0815

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons