[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - So impressed guys

So impressed guys

All things Desktop Dungeons

So impressed guys

Postby Blovski on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:16 am

Just got the Steam code having not played for a few months - dead impressed with the polish and enjoying starting a new kingdom and working my way towards my beloved Healthmonsters. Congrats on getting the game finished and adding so much polish to the great set of core mechanics. Best of luck with the launch and whatever's next for the QCF team : )

Also, love using the achievements to teach the newbies how to handle the game. Really nice approach to them.
Blovski

Re: So impressed guys

Postby Galefury on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:49 am

Hell yeah. Everything is so shiny now! Playing this again is awesome. Also the music is great! :D
Galefury

Postby dislekcia on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Oh man. I hope you like the achievement for playing a Healthmonster :)
dislekcia

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:23 am

I'm Steam illiterate. How do you view the achievement list? Apparently, there's a Punchomancer one, which makes me super happy. Now just please let there be a Packmaster one.

Looking at the Steam forums (which are generally very confused about WTF this game is exactly), people are boggling at existence of a "kill a level 9 from level one" achievement. They have a long journey ahead of them.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:53 am

Heh. Shame I got it from a plant. It's a fun little challenge. To see achievements I go to my games list, click on desktop dungeons. Achievements is the first box. Under the list of 7 or so locked achievements there is a view all achievements button. Click it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:58 am

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:17 am

Does anyone have the Look Ma, No Hands secret achievement? I thought it might be related to burning pop off based on the picture/name, but I can't seem to get it. Is it something like win a run using only fireballs?

@Darvin: I can think of two strategies that can do the level 1 boss kill (assassin and rogue), and really neither is broken, so credit to the devs. The assassin really only works on one boss, and the rogue is only possible with lots of late game content. Also, I agree that the viper ward was overlooked there. It really should be six ways to cure poison.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby JonahHollow on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:34 am

All that time waiting was well worth it. The game is amazing now, and I can finally play it on Steam. :D
JonahHollow

Postby Lujo on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:04 pm

Fellow old maniacs - the "use 5 ways to remove poison" thing is fine at 5 ways. Removing poison through viper ward purchase is just us being sneaky bastards (done it on numerous ocassions myself) but I think hte point of that achievement is to get people to get familiar with the basic stuff.

Just hink about the timing and crap that would be needed to fit the purchase into the rotation and then you're purchasing somethign that you have to get rid of if you want to get poisoned again. Takes a lot of experience to start thinking about it (as well as encyclopaedic knowledge of all the crap in the game).

Killing a lvl 10 at lvl 1 is still easy as pie (for the right sort of grizzled veteran) with the right unlocks, it's not killing the boss at lvl 1 without killing anything else. Orc Rogue + Fabulous Treasure + Prepped Tikki Tooki picked up at the right time + Bear Mace + any DP string / damage increases you can find. Not Trisword needed at all (I've done SMM this way and the vicious Goblin even (I think)). You could probably do Aequitas in with a Fighter (what with the initial free DP probably easier than with some other guys). Heck, if I wasn't rusty I'd do a "bet you can't do it with x" with anything you can name (provided I can go Orc), I used to do them to relax between serious runs with no Trisword back when it was busted :D You can do Namtar at lvl 1 even, knocback + TT potions is crazy strong...

Sriously, the one time I went to record it I had to do it 4 times in a row because the first 3 times I messed up with video recording in 3 different ways (each time I'd do it and then find out the video is messed up, was frustrating) :_D
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:28 pm

I've got the No Hands one, Avatar. I think you're right about the basics (it is popping off burning by attacking another enemy) - I'm not sure if there are some more specific things like not having attacked it physically at all since I'm pretty sure I've done it a few times but only just got the achievement.
Blovski

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons