Did you guys know this?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Did you guys know this?

Postby Waldo0 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:43 am

IMAWL also gives Experience boost when it casts to "PLANTS". :o

I hadn't known this.

It makes me feeling that Earthmother is awesome!!!

Edit: Maybe, I just had forgotten it.. Is there a puzzle which is related this?
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Re: Did you guys know this?

Postby Darvin on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:58 am

Yup, this works. You do get less Earthmother piety and it can still box you in, though, is it's not a perfect solution.
Darvin

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:36 am

I found this out only recently myself. Also, if you happen to have ENDISWAL, this lets you destroy plants without angering the Earthmother (excluding the magic immune ones, of course).

i love the Earthmother. She's useful if found early (where Stone Skin and Greenblood make a significant difference), useful if found late (plantation + clearance for mana spikes), useful throughout the entire dungeon (mass slow for 5 Piety!), great for converting out (Plantation for easy 100 Piety, great for converting into anyone except Dracul), great for desecration (costs 1 burn salve) and not only gives you IMAWAL, but gives you ways to use it without having to sacrifice Popcorn! It's also very easy to avoid angering her. Oh, and acid casters. Basically, it's very rare that I feel the Earthmother to be a waste an altar spot. If only she weren't so painful to use in the vicious dungeons...

(Obviously the people who've posted in here didn't need me to tell them this... :P)
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Sidestepper on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:19 am

A big part of my EM strategy is to spam Vine Form or Greenblood early, specifically to create plants for piety/xp bonuses. We tend to think of her as a post-exploration deity on account of Plantation, but she can be an even bigger piety farm than Binlor on an unexplored map, provided you generate enough plants.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:40 am

Of course, the real problem with EM is her lack of usefulness on tighter dungeons. Still, on an open dungeon or with ENDISWAL, she is very useful. Honestly, she is probably my 3rd favorite diety.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:57 am

Yeah, I spent FOREVER trying to get her to work on "natural" Vicious dungeons. None of those dungeons have enough space to make it work. It was only the introduction of the Titan Guitar "bug" that made it possible. The Earthmother Healthmonster works at least as well in Naga City as the classical Absolution one, providing you can stand losing the Fireheart for the Guitar.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:07 pm

Funnily enough, EM is my deity of choice a lot of the time. Once you get stuck with an Avatar's Codex in your locker it's incredibly hard to resist just bringing her and it along every time you fell like not thinking much about what preps to take.

Its also rather easy to fall into a pattern of having a guaranteed IMAWAL XP perks on every run. :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Naoya on Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:42 pm

Personally, EM is my favorite deity when using Warlords. It feels like she's custom tailored for them - Cydestepp+Vineform+Entanglement easily allows you to kill stuff multiple levels higher, and IMAWAL lets you harvest tons of bonus XP Also, global slow = awesome, and its one of the cheapest boons in the game.
Piety is also easy to generate with her, and Plantation can be used for either an Clearance spike or conversion.
Naoya

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Yeah, EM warlords are surprisingly ridiculous. Being able to pull out 5 or so extra CYDSTEPPs and power level is very powerful.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:01 pm

And, err, I hear EM wizards are pretty good with no sinergy apart from clearance. Oh, wait, corrosion stacks with fireballs and/or pissorf?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons