Suggestion: PvP mode with Ranking system & Chat Box

All things Desktop Dungeons

Suggestion: PvP mode with Ranking system & Chat Box

Postby ChiRex on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:57 am

Greetings QCF Staff,

I have recently purchased the Desktop Dungeons and I would just have to say that you have done a great job. The game is small and not graphic intensive but it is enjoyable and highly addicting. What I suggest is a PvP system. It's not really PvP where one kills another, but rather it's more like a 1v1 player VS player race. The game, first, randomly generates a dungeon map. The two players then get the same randomly generated dungeon map so its a mirror match up. Then whoever finishes the dungeon first wins. If a player messes up and accidently dies, the other player automatically wins. There should be a random match making system that matches people by rating. And a top score. The Ranking system should reset once a month. There should also be a simple chat box where players can communicate and challenge one another for fun. By adding these things, you will make your game much more interactive and I guarantee that if you add the PvP ranking system and Chat Box more people will come to play your game. Thank you for listening to my suggestions and for reading my 'wall of text'. :D

-Your hopeful dungeon runner,
Vince
ChiRex

Re: Suggestion: PvP mode with Ranking system & Chat Box

Postby dislekcia on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Interesting idea - we'd thought of this sort of thing before, but with a more async feel to it (basically challenge friends to known dungeons) but implementing it would take quite a bit of time that we don't really have right now. I'd say if this ever does get implemented it'd be in an expansion or something...
dislekcia

Re: Suggestion: PvP mode with Ranking system & Chat Box

Postby PeaceChaser on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:42 pm

Good idea. I'd like that.
PeaceChaser

Return to Desktop Dungeons