Save game lost

All things Desktop Dungeons

Save game lost

Postby swarles on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:55 pm

I have been playing desktop dungeons on 2 computers using steam and love the game. Unfortunately, I just switched over to play on my other computer, and now I am way behind where I was before. I had unlocked 2 more characters, completed a bunch of challenges and quests, and gotten the next level of the bank. It could be worse I guess, but I lost somewhere around 4 to 5 hours of play time. Has anyone else had issues with the cloud sync not working properly?
swarles

Re: Save game lost

Postby swarles on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:46 pm

So I figured out the issue wasn't that my save game was lost. Instead, what happened was that a few of my buildings were just downgraded. For example, I had beaten the jungle level with the berserker, and my game says that I have done that. But it also says that I have not unlocked the berserker yet. That building is now lvl. 1 instead of lvl. 2 which I had unlocked before. Has anyone else had similar issues?
swarles

Postby dislekcia on Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:34 pm

We're putting more protection into the cloud save stuff right now. Sorry about that.

What's basically happening is that the game isn't managing to upload a sync correctly sometimes. That should give a message warning you about that soon.
dislekcia

Postby illFrog on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:30 am

I had the same problem, but I've also lost the elves race, and can't unlock it anymore - the quest is completed... Can I do something to get the elves back?
illFrog

Return to Desktop Dungeons