[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - crash at startup, can't play

crash at startup, can't play

Got a problem? Let us know!

crash at startup, can't play

Postby august on Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:40 pm

played for a while offline, not sure if it's related.
august

Re: crash at startup, can't play

Postby dislekcia on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Erg. That looks like a run is corrupt somehow. Will see about protecting against that...
dislekcia

Postby august on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Do you think I can recover the save by deleting the "run" file?

One thing I noticed is that you guys don't have a formal "save and quit" option, which is surprising if (like me) you aren't used to playing this as a web game. All you can do is "logout" which is confusing if you're already playing it on Steam, plus the literal only way you can quit the game when playing the steam version is to close the window. If you're playing full-screen you have to go to windowed mode via the menu or be computer literate enough to alt+enter or alt+f4 which I don't think everybody is. Anyway, I'm guessing having a more obvious way to exit the game cleanly might help prevent save game corruption, but I ain't no programmer. Also this particular case may have been from the laptop going into hibernation but I'm not sure about that.
august

Postby august on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:04 pm

also: please let me know which files I should delete to fix things if possible, I'm not very far and losing my save game wouldn't be the end of the world. I should reiterate though that this bug is preventing me from getting past the title screen so the game is totally broken for me at the moment.
august

Postby dislekcia on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:10 am

dislekcia

Return to Support