[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Desktop Dungeons Full Release!

Desktop Dungeons Full Release!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons Full Release!

Postby Dreamdancer on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Dreamdancer

Postby Darvin on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:21 pm

Another thing about WONAFYT: unlike other glyphs, it is massively weighted towards appearing near the dungeon entrance. This ensures that if it's on the board, you will probably find it at level 1 when it's most useful.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Really? I didn't know that. No wonder it always seems to show up at great moments. If only they did that with BURNDAYRAZ, but I suppose that's why we have magnet: fireball.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Another thing with WONAFYT is that fighters are more likely to spawn it than others as a way to sort of have them start with their signature glyph and not have an intor class start wit ha glyph. I think this info is too random to make up and seem to remember this being mentionedd way back when he was originally buffed. Not 100% sure.

Also, I suspect there might be other such things we don't know about, too.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:19 am

Latest moment of keyboard smashing frustration - after a beautiful HHOS run with a monk, Taurog into JJ for a surprise Chaos Avatar win against Goo - go into a subdungeon, die because my attack click against a low-damage enemy revealed a life-stealing enemy instead of taking the most direct path.

About ten minutes of glaring at the screen furiously and then a sudden sense of delight.

:lol: this game sometimes...
Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:51 am

Ouch, that is both terrible and hilarious. What subdungeon were you in that had low damage life-stealers? Paan Labyrinth? Actually, on the topic of keyboard smashing moments, mine are normally me making a ridiculous mistake and losing because of it. I stay up far to late playing this game...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:51 am

That was the one. I didn't even need to kill the little buggers - was just curious if they dropped something because I've not seen the subdungeon before :roll:

Right now I'm still on all the easy Hard dungeons and consequently am ridiculously happy-go-lucky. I keep attacking things I can't kill or taking on bosses too early because too lazy for maths. Funniest moments this profile so far were forgetting that Binlor punishes on level up when I unlocked him, and unlocking Drac as a level 1 purist monk and then having 1 HP and 3 attack.
Blovski

Postby Lujo on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:38 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Squishy Tia on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:32 am

Yewwo :)

It looks like keyboard support got put in, which I'm sure will please many players, but I do have a question regarding its future. Arrow keys work, but would it be feasible to add the NumPad keys as well? It would be awesome to have that as well for us non-laptop users.

Another aspect of the keyboard navigation I have a question about has to do with how the arrows work with regard to targeting enemies. In the freebie version pressing an arrow a second time toward the enemy you were targeting defaulted to the basic physical attack. In the release it only selects or deselects the target. A toggle for that would be really awesome for quicker action, and would allow less experienced players to keep the "safety" of the target select/deselect only option.

Regarding fullscreen mode via Steam, I'm noticing it is bringing my monitor to a very low resolution scaled mode. It appears to be either 640x480 or 800x600. My mouse cursor is gigantic in fullscreen mode. I don't mind the black bars on the side of my screen, but is there no proper scaling option for the Steam version? Is this perhaps a limitation of the Steam client itself? I did notice that Big Picture mode in the Steam client does the same thing - scales the mouse cursor to an absurd size, but leaves the actual image looking relatively decent. It's just...odd looking, especially since the browser version did not do this and scaled properly without making for a gigantor mouse cursor.

I am using Steam in OS X for reference, since this may end up being a platform specific issue.

I'm really enjoying the game, but these tweaks (and figuring out why fullscreen forces such a low resolution) would make it even better. :)

Edit: I forgot to ask about the ability to save locally after logging in online. I know you can log into the online saves using the Steam client, but can you then use that online save locally in offline mode? I haven't found a way to do this, and not having access to my progress offline while I travel and then syncing it online once I can would be a real bummer.
Last edited by Squishy Tia on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squishy Tia

Postby jimcooley on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:11 pm

I've always felt a little intimidated to post on this forum to be honest- I never felt like I was good enough to contribute much, and I was never bad enough to need too much help. I've mostly lurked here, though there's not much reason for it- most of you seem really nice!

I like being helpful though, so I've been answering some beginner questions on the steam forum- and if people make their way over to this forum, I'd probably start posting regularly.

I really love this game, and I'm glad it's finally on full release- I think it's an amazing piece of work, and can't wait for more people to find it.
jimcooley

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons