Help unlocking Tikki Tooki

All things Desktop Dungeons

Help unlocking Tikki Tooki

Postby joek0 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Can anyone offer any tips and advice with the sub dungeon that unlocks Tikki Tooki. I do have the other 7 gods unlocked. I only need Tikki Tooki and Pactmaker to get all the gods. Can anyone tell me the best ways to kill monsters without taking damage. I don't have many quest items unlocked, but i have Elite items available in the shops.

Also, can the Tikki Tooki sub dungeon appear in any southern dungeon? I see it alot in the Hex Ruins, but never in the Southern Swamo. I want to find TT in Southern Swamp if I can.
joek0

Re: Help unlocking Tikki Tooki

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:48 pm

You'll need some combination of magical attacks, first strike, and slow. You don't need all three, but having more tools makes it easier.

If the monster has first strike, you can use Fireball, PISORF, WONAFYT, or WEYTWUT to bypass this.

If the monster has retaliate fireball, you either need WEYTWUT or WONAFYT to remove the retaliation, or enough first striking power to kill in one hit, or you can try PISORF.

If the monster has death protection, you need to use either PISORF or Fireball. The burning from Fireball can be triggered as a free finishing move after peeling off the death protection.

Tikki Tooki absolutely can spawn in the Southern Swamp. The easiest way to scum for subdungeons is the Tinker. If you don't have the Tinker, the Bloodmage can also quickly explore the map by spamming BLUDTOPOWA.
Sidestepper

Postby Urthop on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:17 pm

The absolute easiest way I can think of would be running an Assassin, and scumming for the sub dungeon in the Swamp to get in there at a low level. Mischief is always your level, so the lower you are, the more you can abuse Swift Hands. Enter, kill Mischief as much as you can until you can't kill him without getting hit, go out, level up, kill Mischief, level up, rinse and repeat.

Alternatively if you don't want to cheese it to much, a Rogue should do as well, takes care of first strike at least, Flame Magnet for a fireball and you should be pretty much set, at least, that's how I got him.

I just found the biggest trick to making it easier was finding the subdungeon at a low level, so you can always just level up to get past the strong zombie Mischief.
Urthop

Postby Naoya on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:38 pm

You can also just petrify Mischief if you have IMAWAL,
though I find it spoils the fun of the challenge a litte bit.
Naoya

Postby joek0 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:50 pm

I finally did it! I played as a Tinker and used it to scum for the sub dungeon at a low level. I over think it and made it harder than needed. Now to find Pactmaker. Is Pactmaker's subdungeon rare and hard to find?
joek0

Postby The Avatar on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:09 am

No, it's just the altar surrounded by 8 walls in the middle of a fully explored subdungeon. If you've already gotten that 3 times you should automatically have him unlocked right now.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons