[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Steam Version Broken

Steam Version Broken

Got a problem? Let us know!

Steam Version Broken

Postby PrestickNinja on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:57 am

I am at a complete loss. I had played a bit on the Beta and wanted to start a new Kingdom on the Steam version. After creating my new game, I got into the first level and noticed there were no tutorials displaying (although all the sparkles were showing me where to click, no dialogs appeared). Figuring this must be a load issue, I quit and reloaded. Again no tutorials. I pushed through to the end, and they did start showing up once in the map screen. At this point I switched to full screen, and when I changed back to Windowed mode (in the settings), the entire screen went dark, and nothing responded on my keyboard - no CTRL ALT DEL, ALT F4, nothing. The music carried on playing, but I was forced to reboot my PC.

Now I cannot load a game at all - it shows default kingdom, with a greyed out Play button. Clicking on the edit button does nothing, then 20 seconds later I get a blakc screen with loading which does not change (even after leaving for a few minutes).

I tried removing and reinstalling the game, logging out and logging in, still the same problem. I have been able to load the game on the site, but I want to play it on Steam. What can I do to fix this?
PrestickNinja

Re: Steam Version Broken

Postby dislekcia on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:08 am

This is a bug. I've rolled us back to the previous version while we try to figure out why that's happening. Sorry about that.
dislekcia

Postby PrestickNinja on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:13 pm

No worries - glad to hear it's being sorted out!
PrestickNinja

Postby PrestickNinja on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:11 am

I am still unable to load, edit or delete a kingdom. If I select edit it hangs for a bit and then goes to the same loading screen.

Is there any way to delete my profile entirely and start again? I can't delete my save since the edit button next to Kingdom isn't working.
PrestickNinja

Postby dislekcia on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:09 pm

dislekcia

Return to Support