How do I "FORCE LOAD" - Local Saves aren't updating

Got a problem? Let us know!

How do I "FORCE LOAD" - Local Saves aren't updating

Postby Johs on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:25 am

I downloaded and started playing yesterday at work.

Went home, played all evening and got much further.

When I came back to work and continued, the game is using my (old) local save and continuously SAVING (a assume over my cloud save and screwing up everything). Everywhere I look, including clicking in the top right connection icon it says

"Click the connection icon to force a save". This is terrifying!! I don't want to SAVE I want to LOAD!

Is everything I did lost? Where is that nifty popup asking if I want my cloud save or my local save?
Johs

Re: How do I "FORCE LOAD" - Local Saves aren't updating

Postby Johs on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Turns out this bug was worse than I thought.

The game remembers my quest progress for quests like Beginners Den, and has a slash through all 4 basic classes, even though the load didn't have all of these classes unlocked, and while it did not unlock the later level (accessed by completing the quest) I CANNOT do the quest, because the game believes I have already accomplished it.

My save is permanently ruined and I've had to start over from scratch.
Johs

Postby nagnazul on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Yep, I think I have the same problem; I played at home, then played at work. I completed several quests while at work. I tried to get my work save into the cloud to continue playing at home, which didn't work; back home I had my old save file. At work, it gave me the "your local save file conflicts with the online one" message; I told it to keep the local save, which caused it to break the save file completely, both at work and at home; the kingdom is in the old file's state, but some of the quests are cleared but not completed, which looks like this:

The quest has been done with all required classes, but is not done.

If I had to guess what caused this:

-Game loads online (old) file on startup
-Game notices conflict between online and local file
-Game pops up the choice dialog; user chooses to keep local file
-Game misapplies/misloads the local file, keeping the game's current world state and applying only a part of the local save (eg: flagging quests as cleared but not unlocking the associated rewards)
-Game takes this broken world state and saves it on both the local and online save.
nagnazul

Postby nagnazul on Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Well, I managed to salvage my save file; somewhat. Though it might still be permanently broken.

I cheat engined my way through a few dungeon runs hoping to catch up on what I had lost; the quests which were completed but not cleared were cleared normally after finishing a dungeon run. So that fixed itself.

However, I haven't gotten back the gods I had found, and I'm concerned that they might not spawn anymore, since I've unlocked them before, technically.
nagnazul

Postby nopaint on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:03 am

The same happened to me, I've been played the Steam edition and in another computer and the save file synced incorrectly just like that. What did you do to salvage your file?
nopaint

Postby drterrett on Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Glad to see that this problem is happening to more people than just me.

I too have been seeing problems between the game syncing. I load one game, and then load the other the next day on another computer and it does load my progress. If there is a way to fix this, please share!
drterrett

Postby dislekcia on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:01 am

The easiest way to make sure that you're synced is to tell the game to sync to the server through the menu before you close it.
dislekcia

Return to Support