[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Any chance of a nerf to Thief Silver?

Any chance of a nerf to Thief Silver?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Any chance of a nerf to Thief Silver?

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:23 am

Possibly 3 ways too. :) Allthough last time around I forgot my way and was grateful for that vid :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby FDru on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:14 am

I don't even remember the Balanced Dagger costing gold.

Also isn't it like a sin to gloat about having a strat and not sharing?
FDru

Postby Grakor456 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:38 am

I'm more interested in strats for the three Explorer's Guild classes. Pounded by head against Crusader Silver for a couple hours today and I'm continuously getting nowhere with it. I swear these three silvers are harder than the vicious dungeons I've cleared so far.
Last edited by Grakor456 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grakor456

Postby Zaratustra on Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:57 pm

I've found it helps to use petrify on level 9s to get some extra XP going. I don't bother using LEMMISI at all, I just make my way to the visible ones and collect everything on the way.

Balanced Dagger is great if you don't want to do the math for level-catapults every single time.
Zaratustra

Postby FDru on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:17 pm

I assume balanced dagger is pretty cool in VGT, but I honestly haven't gone there enough times to try it.
FDru

Postby Wargasm on Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 pm

I never even used PISORF. I just leveled regularly, totally ignoring momentum, then used all of my popcorn for 2 mid-fight level ups and a ton of momentum.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Zaratustra on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:02 pm

ah, PISORF, special case to everything in the game.
Zaratustra

Postby Grakor456 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:54 am

Yeah, I finally got it, though it took a lucky find of WONAFYT to get enough experience to mid-fight level up that often.

I think Crusader Silver is very sensitive to luck. Since there are only two enemy types you really want to fight, the other two being best avoided unless you have the proper glyph combos, and corrosive plants tend to quickly clog up passageways, it can be very painful to explore and very hard to conserve popcorn. So it'll either be amazingly easy or excruciatingly hard depending on the RNG.

Transmuter Silver seems like it depends on scumming for a balanced dagger, which is :-/
Grakor456

Postby OneMoreNameless on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:10 am

I've given Thief Silver a try today, without much success. I came close enough once that I'm sure I could win using my strategy a little more carefully, but managing the first couple of kills without getting trapped or wasting half my blackspace is such a crapshot compared to the others I've played that I'm not feeling particularly inclined to. :/
OneMoreNameless

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons