[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Supreme Slayer

Supreme Slayer

All things Desktop Dungeons

Supreme Slayer

Postby lordatog on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:40 am

So, how many realistic ways are there to kill a boss at level 1? I got it by prepping an Orc Wizard with Fire Heart and JJ, then scumming for Blud2powa and Pissorf. You can easily get your HP to 50 at level 1, at which point those two glyphs plus the Heart will let you transform all remaining blackspace into damage (It does wind down eventually if your max HP is under 60, but you'll run out of space first). You can probably also use Earthmother, petrify everything, and spam the hell out of corrosion, but I haven't tried that.
lordatog

Re: Supreme Slayer

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:46 am

hmmm, this thread has come up a number of times. I haven't heard your solution before though.
I think the most common solution deals with an Orc Warlord or Rogue and some massive damage stacking. . .
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:52 am

Wow, I didn't know you could still do it with a spellcaster :D It's a bit scummy though, and if you also happen to run into a crystall ball it fits right into that rotation.

The usual way is Orc Rogue + TT + Fabulous Treasure + Damage Stacking (bear mace) + DP's/dodgestep potions. Loads of variants, and I think you can do it that way with any class with a bit of luck. No need to scumm for anything with a rogue, can probably even kill the goo if you know what you're doing, too, allthough there are runs where things go better and where they go worse.
Last edited by Lujo on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby FDru on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:52 am

Gnome Bloodmage on shifting passages. Battlemage Ring, Mystera, hope for squishy random boss like Medusa. Reveal 3/4th of map or so with B2P and spend mana as you go, then get Mystic Balance, Flames, Refreshment, and a few hits of Magic then start blowing up the boss and burn every single resource you have.

Should work.
FDru

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:09 am

Eh, first try, but with this kind of luck I could've killed several :D Only a hindu god could wield this many weapons :_D
Lujo

Postby TheSchachter on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:22 am

^Nice. The one time I attempted this, I went in as an Orc Rogue and got Binlor, Taurog and Tikki Tooki. As well as a Trisword in one of the shops. Yeah XD
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:31 am

Lujo

Postby TwinBladeWarrior on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:52 pm

Was reading a thread about the acid caster concept, decided to try it and things escalated rather insanely.

I regret nothing.
TwinBladeWarrior

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:00 pm

:D

Awesome!

Is this the official lvl1bosskill thread now? :) (I'm actually fond of them :) )
Lujo

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Made a video just for this thread :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrj_z3S ... e=youtu.be

Honestly I could've cast Cydstep SO many more times with clearance that I think the Orb of Zot/Woopazz combination was a little bit of overkill
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons