[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Any chance of a nerf to Thief Silver?

Any chance of a nerf to Thief Silver?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Any chance of a nerf to Thief Silver?

Postby dislekcia on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:32 am

Seriously peeps, petrify superfluous level 9s. Win. With loads of blackspace left over.

That was the strategic wisdom from these forums when this challenge was first created, I'm not sure why the Endiswal strategy has pushed that out of everyone's memory.
dislekcia

Postby Wargasm on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:52 am

Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:56 pm

@dislekcia: Yeah, that is the big difference between my strategy then vs now. Also, you should, IMO, be both ENDISWALing and IMAWALing.

@Wargasm: Very true, but both makes it a joke. That is the biggest flaw in Paladin Gold and Transmuter Silver. One item breaks them.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm currently trying to figure out how to handle Warlord Gold without the old Tri-Sword. I think I have to do EM spikes but I *loathe* using EM on tight maps. It's introducing a luck element into an otherwise strategic conflict and I can possibly get screwed by random plant placement. :/
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:55 pm

Hmm... I like JJ orcs or gnomes. The 20% resist reduction is huge. Also, Drac is incredibly helpful for SMM.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby OneMoreNameless on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:51 pm

OneMoreNameless

Postby Naoya on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Naoya

Postby Grakor456 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:01 am

Grakor456

Postby The Avatar on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:09 am

It isn't the best crafted challenge. Really it drpends a lot on luck, but WONAFYT, ENDISWAL and balanced dagger are the best finds. I try to preserve glyphs for as long as possible using item conversions and glyph use.

The Avatar

Postby Grakor456 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:48 am

Grakor456

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons