Tinker Bronze is delightfully exploitable.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Tinker Bronze is delightfully exploitable.

Postby OneMoreNameless on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:11 pm

So.

* The challenge can be repeated freely even after you've initially conquered it.
* It spawns twice as many stores as a regular dungeon ...
* ... each of which has high chance of carrying quest or elite items.
* There are also treasures just lying around to help purchase anything.
* Leaving a class challenge alive (even by retiring) allows you to locker anything you carry out for free.

Tinker Bronze is basically an infinite locker with a 1-3 minute lag time. Given everything that, uh, was discussed during the beta I am genuinely curious to know if this is an intended consequence or not.
OneMoreNameless

Re: Tinker Bronze is delightfully exploitable.

Postby FDru on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Probably wasn't intended but it doesn't matter. It's probably still faster to scum for locker items on Shifting Passages anyway.
FDru

Re: Tinker Bronze is delightfully exploitable.

Postby Wargasm on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:41 pm

I don't really see it as a problem. Scumming shops for locker items is only as good as all the shop unlocks you've earned and all the really good stuff costs a decent chunk of gold. Half the best unlocks are from the Vicious dungeons and if you need to re-locker those, you've got to do them again. Plus, it's nice to have a decent source of locker items if you, say, replaced something common but useful (Soul Orb, Balanced Dagger, Midas Gloves, et cetera) with something like the Naga Cauldron or Namtar's Ward and then later decide you don't like them so much, you don't have to go running all over every dungeon trying to find what should be a pretty common item.

I say leave as is.
Wargasm

Return to Desktop Dungeons