[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Death warning

Death warning

Talk to QCF .. we love to hear from you

Death warning

Postby kangpeng1981 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:21 am

Sometimes you misclick a monster,or your mouse has problem to take single click as double click,you will be disappointed to die.To avoid such accidents, I hope there is an option to choose.When the option is enabled,there will be a dialog to make sure of your chosen before your death. :roll:
kangpeng1981

Re: Death warning

Postby dislekcia on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:37 pm

We've tested death warning dialogues extensively. They don't work well at all, mostly because they end up reinforcing poor ways to play during the initial learning stage of the game, plus they actively decrease people's engagement with the game.

If you're having hardware problems, or you're dying to misclicks often, play using the right-click selection combat system instead :)
dislekcia

Postby kangpeng1981 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Thx for your suggestion.I am glad that death warning has been tested.
Acturally I enjoy the sudden death by mistake,because it is roguelike style :)
kangpeng1981

Postby trepidacious on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:33 pm

I've just had exactly this issue - I meant to click next to a much higher level monster, clicked on it instead, died instantly after 20 minutes of careful play. This is the second time I've done a similar thing. Can you explain the "right click selection combat system"? If this would let me use different mouse buttons to move to a square and attack, that would be spectacular. I can't find anything in the settings.

This isn't intended to be sarcastic - but honestly my engagement was VERY actively decreased as I rage-quit after instantly destroying an otherwise rather fun and challenging run... It might not work for everyone, but an option to confirm suicide, or just to require a different click, would be spectacular. You could even require completing a few quests before turning it on, if you're worried about people in the initial learning stages.
trepidacious

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:11 pm

If you right-click a monster, you select it. We're adding a setting to the game that will make left-clicking select and right-click attack monsters, while still keeping left-click movement.
dislekcia

Postby kangpeng1981 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:19 pm

Right-click battle is wonderful.Although I bought a new mouse, I still used to the right-click mode.I can keep an eye on the monster while exploring for hit-and-run.

Another thing: I can not click the sound icon left of MENU to enable/disable sound. If it is useless, then why it appears?
kangpeng1981

Postby SarahJ on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:52 pm

SarahJ

Postby expostfacto on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:25 pm

I've owned the game since 2012 but since the tablet release I play primarily on my iPad for portability.

I've died half a dozen times from trying to release a long-press menu without selecting anything, but having my press interpreted as Fight because my finger was slightly above center when I let go.

I've died a few more times from tapping fight on the monster menu and having my finger re-touch the screen initiating a second hit and death.

Please consider adding a confirmation dialogue for tablet users if not for PC. Disable it by default but make it an option!
expostfacto

Postby bredakoora on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:57 am

I'm playing on my iPad. It is very comfortable and useful
I like to play on my guitar because it helps me to express my feelings and emotions
bredakoora

Return to General Discussion