[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vicious Supreme Slayer

Vicious Supreme Slayer

All things Desktop Dungeons

Vicious Supreme Slayer

Postby Nurator on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:34 pm

I was kinda bored today and tried to kill a Lvl 10 Monster on Lvl 1. Yeah I know, quite an achievement, we all did that.

BUT: I did that while the Vicious Token was active :)

So take that, vets :D I will only post the Score Screen first to prove it. But the time of posting will be enough to know how I did that :D

Its really frightening that that works... I think the Warlord is broken beyond repair!:D
Nurator

Re: Vicious Supreme Slayer

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:52 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Nurator on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Thanks :) :D I wonder if you can do that with a Acid Caster or an Orc Rogue or something similar crazy...

Rex was quite a Pain. But I had plenty of Ressources left after Timothy. I upload another pic to show you what I could still have come up with :D

I think it took another 8 shots against Rex to take him down. That was the hard part of the Vicious Token :D

By the way: You cannot kill another monster with Knockback. They stay at 1 HP -.-

Nurator

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:10 pm

Interesting choice of god in Binlor, I would've gone with JJ personally, but it's still a great job :)

And, yeah, the monk method also leaves you with a Rex to deal with. This is why I'm inerested in making this work somewhere where minotaurs spawn as regular monsters - with a monk you could probably self-cannon both bossess down. Material for the other thread, though, gratz on the impressive Supreme Slayer :)
Lujo

Postby Nurator on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Just used Binlor to move freely in the Labyrinth, have 100 piety left :D Its so funny that you can even desecrate altars to fuel one god. Less HP? Meh.. Corrosion? Meh... :D
Nurator

Postby FDru on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Here's my contribution:
I pretty much didn't even try.

Okay... it was actually close on Evolvia. In hindsight there was a ton of ways I could have done it more optimally. I wasted a lot of low level enemies with IMAWAL when I could have saved them for after the ding for bloodpools to help kill the boss since I was basically just using zero blackspace B2P to fuel fireballs. At level 1 Vine Form is hilarious with B2P as well.

You don't even want to see the mess I made of the map :lol:
FDru

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:14 pm

:D

Ah, the bloodmage... Wasn't there a thread about him having a weak early game a short while ago? :)
Lujo

Postby FDru on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:31 pm

This particular run was dependent on the Dragon Soul so I think he would struggle on any other map since he would basically need to prep Titan Guitar to make it work. You could scum for an early Dragon Soul, I guess...
Also I really screwed up be grabbing the exploding signpost right before trying to fight the shade. "Say goodbye to 47 HP that you will definitely want for B2P".
Last edited by FDru on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FDru

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Because of the clutter? I've used EM in all sorts of maps (well, maybe not the labyrinth) and never felt the need to go to shifting passages for testing stuff, so maybe the clutter paranoia might be a bit irrational.

Pretty sure you could pull it off in Venture Cave or something...
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:55 pm

Acid Caster can do this in Demonic Library with the vicious token, with a little luck (or preps). I nearly did it without even bringing a locker item.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons