Wow-- great job to dev team... awesome game!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Wow-- great job to dev team... awesome game!

Postby Seven_Force777 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:36 am

This is one of the best games I've played in a while--the depth of the classes, monsters, gods to worship, gameplay mechanics allows for so many possibilities and emergent tactics. It's kind of a rogulike puzzle game in a way. I chipped in my 10 bucks for the beta and have been entertained for hours already. The challenge of the game is what has me hooked-- I love a game with a stiff challenge that makes me think on my toes-- and thinking/planning/number crunching is what this game is all about! If DD were easy, I would have lost interest instantly. These types of games IMO, live or die based on the dev's decision to grow a pair and say "Yeah, our game is hard and that's the way it's meant to be. Take it or leave it."

I hope the dev team has some more sound and music in mind for the final release-- it's pretty lifeless at the moment in that regard. (probably cause it's a beta afterall) I also assume they have more planned in the way of animation and whatnot as well.

If you guys making the game can keep coming up with new monsters that do different/interesting things, respond differently to specific attacks, and have varying stats/skills you'll have one hell of a game on your hands. I love the nuanced item use and combat on offer here. Keep up the good work fellas! Maybe I'll make a suggestion or 2 for ya in the future!

When do you think the final retail version will hit?
Seven_Force777

Re: Wow-- great job to dev team... awesome game!

Postby dislekcia on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Yup, we're adding sounds as the beta progresses (it's already a lot noisier than it used to be) and music will be coming too. Final version will be ready when it's ready, although we're hoping for 3 months or so from now, depending on how well content generation goes.
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons