[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Warmonger Strategies

Warmonger Strategies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Warmonger Strategies

Postby Grakor456 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:41 am

Grakor456

Postby Sidestepper on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:04 am

Halfling Monk of Taurog works as well. Bring a Really Big Sword and a Compression Seal (but don't use the seal on the RBS, because you'll want to ditch that thing eventually). Dragonshield or Dwarven Gauntlets as your locker item, and don't forget Extra Attack. Since you're converting all your glyphs, you get a pile of potions, and you can engineer high level kills that even the orc can't manage. RBS and Taurog mean that you don't need to fear Tower of Goo, Tormented One, or Bleaty, who are the usual showstoppers for Warmonger runs. Firstborn is still a problem, but with Taurog's Helm, 12-ish health potions and a bunch of death protections, I'm sure you'll figure something out.

Patches is very good for this run if you can stand the loss of Bet on Boss. Manaburn doesn't matter to you, and poison is easily dismissed when you're a conversion-happy halfling. If you get even one dose of resistance from Patches, then it was worth it. A +4% bonus when you're already at 65% is roughly a 10% reduction in actual damage, which is pretty great.
Last edited by Sidestepper on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sidestepper

Postby Wargasm on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:08 am

Wargasm

Postby OneMoreNameless on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:15 pm

I'd used the orc-rogue-GG combo before with glyph support, but decided to give it a go warmonger in the Hex Ruins. I prepped hard, then for lack of damage-boosting shop items started buying and converting things on sight. The end result was a lot more ridiculous than I'd expected; I was one-hit killing some enemies three levels above me (after Humility) and ended with a total attack of 165 with half my inventory still empty. By leaving one or two revenants trailing behind until I leveled again, I never took a single hit or spent any resources to kill them. Even the random boss turned out to be the snake whose name I can't spell. It was all a little silly.
OneMoreNameless

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons