[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Hints for vicious dungeons?

Hints for vicious dungeons?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Hints for vicious dungeons?

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Yeah, I've been trying to snag the Vicious Purist Badges before PQI starts getting ideas. I'd forgotten how hard it is. There really is a strong element of luck involved. Finally got Naga City (which I consider to be the hardest to get Purist on) with a Gnome Thief, but it wasn't easy.

I'll probably do VHoS with Paladin + scummed Binlor. Since it's purist, scumming doesn't cost money. Transmuter is also a good Purist candidate, because he can use LEMISEE to quickly scan for altars. That's borderline cheating, but I'm just not willing to put up with the hassle of Vicious Purist without some kind of an edge.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Well, I've got to the third boss vawe with a purist goblin assassin with only pactmaker. If I had the good sense to pick a god at some point, who knows. Also, the first vave had frank, goo and iron man in it -.- It's probably doable.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby lolQuaff on Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Veto slots would certainly go a long ways towards helping. Maybe I should grind those out. How do you get PQI to go to vicious dungeons?
lolQuaff

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:22 pm

PQI is weighted to avoid Vicious until most of the normal dungeons are at high completion. I think that the way it works is that PQI takes the number of classes completed for a dungeon and then adds a largish number to that if said dungeon is Vicious.
Sidestepper

Postby TheSchachter on Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:26 pm

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Sidestepper on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Speaking of assasins, I just did an Elf Assassin to snag Vicious Token VHoS. I think it's actually easier than Purist (which I finally managed using my scummy Binlor Paladin plan). I packed a Titan Guitar and prepped TT. I explored the whole map at level one, used Quicksilver + Whupaz to cut down Blah Blah a bit, and then started fireballing him from level one. I ended up killing him at level 10, at which point I switched to Taurog, both to get the shield and to escape from Tikki Tooki. The whole thing was terribly exploitive, but there's no way I'm going to play double vicious without cheating like hell.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:46 pm

VHoS purist is much much easier with a berserker than anything else. It doesn't even need scumming really.

On the topic of Naga City Vicious, I'd say Assassin, Crusader, Transmuter, or Warlord. The thing is your Faithless run should be pretty similar to your purist run in NC, because not having a god up top gimps your god game down in the arena. So if you can get your arena god game to make up for the lack of preps, just go with whatever you went with for purist.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Got it!

This is, obviously, NC purist. Had a first strike glyph, had both wonnafyt and wheeytwut upstairs, had crystal ball, fire heart and battlemage ring, tons of money, cheaper items, the ability to take more junk downstairs due to compression seals and so on and so forth. One subdungeons was... idk, the bonus one was gold.

Gods were - mystera for mystic balance and one hit of magic (had the +2 amulet on me, took me to 20 mana), and also 1 or two hits of weakening I think which helped with the goblin and iron man, then at some point EM for patented "how to get clearances in NC underground several times", then I was trying to be clever and got ported back to the entrance behind a plant (on top of it first) so i took consensus and killed the plant, then took the remaining clearance and completely without potions or options (I think), I went gg for protections. I desecrated Binlor and then later EM.

Yes, I technically went in prepped (seals) and found the exact junk I was looking for in the shops (no, really, crystal ball and fire heart - that's what I was looking for - would've settled for witchalok pendant, too). It's probably possible to do it in other ways but I woudn't know what to tell you about that. This was first try with tinker, had 3-4 longish fails with various assassin before that. It was tense, close, and I almost got myself screwed over by accident (and bug?).
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:57 pm

Told you, Tinker is massive cheats when it comes to Purist (and pretty good for Hoarder.)
Wargasm

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons