[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Hints for vicious dungeons?

Hints for vicious dungeons?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Hints for vicious dungeons?

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:12 am

Yeah, I just went for a walk, and thought to put a shoutout to you for reminding me of that. Another thing I forgot to mention is the subdungeon scouting which allowed me to know wehre they are (would've been very important in case of glenrick), and the guaranteed acess to them via seals.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby lolQuaff on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:27 am

VICTORRRRYY!!!

A very manly elven battlemage for the fucking win :D 10 hours later LOL. Lujo you beat me to it! Good job dude. Took a screenshot but I can't find it... so bad with computers. Gonna figure this out
lolQuaff

Postby lolQuaff on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:40 am

Sigh it turns out I took a screenshot of the title screen? haha whatever.

Elven Wizard cuz... fireballs! Wonafyt right away and also weywut to clear those hallways that have been driving me insane all day. lemmisee spots endiswall and secret dungeon. Secret dungeon has gold for manly battlemage power. Buy up witchalok pendent and battlemage ring. Find bludtopowa and getindare omfg. Precast getindare and fuck shit up with a million fireballs. Going into the arena at level 9 and about to hit 10 with all that power is lights out.
lolQuaff

Postby lolQuaff on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:44 am

I'm pretty sure I hadn't had a single 3level higher kill before that run, and on that run I had multiple. Elven Wizard with bludtopowa is so strong
lolQuaff

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:49 am

Lujo

Postby lolQuaff on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:55 am

I am ready for more madness... Purist VGT? ehh I don't think so

Feels good to finally taste victory after getting stomped all day :D
lolQuaff

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:06 am

Purist VGT anyone? It's one of the toughest challenges (debatably the toughest) the game can throw at you in a single medal.

EDIT: Lol. I got ninja'd.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:13 am

Dude, you just ninja'd The Avatar! XD

Err, wasn't VGT done purist?

EDIT: If you can somehow figure out how to do Goatperson in VGT, now there's a challenge. Naga City should also be rather undoable, too.

EDIT 2: If anyone can remember/has the VGT purist badge, I'd love to hear about it. I think maybe I'd give it a shot.

I've got a hint on Hoarder in Vicious Steel. The PQI sent me there as an Orc Paladin. I prepped EM and mostly utility (Titan's Guitar) and played it like an Acid Caster. However, I mixed it up with my old corrosion shennanigans - I picked up both both Martyr Wraps and Whurlgarble from the shops and it worked well. Vicious Steel is, if you prep a titan's guitar, very good for a Martyr Wraps acid casting because you need damage reduction from EM for the indomitable anyway, and you're getting corroded by the Indomitable too.
Lujo

Postby Waldo0 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:40 pm

I did the VGT purist with Vampire, and I remember that it wasn't that hard.
(I think I can clear it with some other classes)

I will try again to clear the VGT with Goatperson next week, but I don't know... :oops:
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby Wargasm on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:28 am

Not technically Vicious, but either Priest Gold changed or I entirely forgot how to do it correctly. Even at L9 with a Dwarf and Warrior's Pact with 65% Physical resist from ENDISWALL (and converting every other glyph), I can't survive a hit from the bosses. If I got the glyphs in the right order without using too much fog, I could maybe hit L10, but I wouldn't have enough resources left to get all three bosses then. There's no preps, shops or altars, and it's the same glyphs every time so it's not like I can reload until CYDSTEPP or EM/TT spawns.

Whole thing seems to be a crapshoot if I'm not overlooking something. "Can you get WEYTWUT/WONAFYT and HALPMEH/BURNDAYRAZ before your first kill to get the top XP?" Meh. :/
Wargasm

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons