[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Orcs vs Humans - Mathcrafting

Orcs vs Humans - Mathcrafting

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Orcs vs Humans - Mathcrafting

Postby Waldo0 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:50 am

Waldo0

Postby TheSchachter on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:24 am

Hmm... I'm not here to argue with the math here, and I'd agree to taking Orcs for pretty much all classes that receive significant attack% bonus. For the rest however, this discussion appears to be taking a rather heavy-early-conversion approach. I tend to keep and use the glyphs I pick up a lot, and convert them fairly late... the Human bonus is more valuable if you play like that, since if you're converting late then your bonus only really matters late game. And while there are still conditions in which base damage is more valuable late game, they don't often show up together unless you're doing a concerted strategy based around them (in which case, of course, you're already doing the early heavy Orc conversions).

Maybe this has to do with preps (when you start with a half-full inventory you're more likely to convert early/on-sight), or maybe I like to play sub-optimally, I dunno. But I've always appreciated the Human bonus for general play, and Orc bonus for very focused base damage stacking.
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Wargasm on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:29 am

I generally leave glyphs on the ground until I figure if/which deity I'm going to pick, since there are benefits to converting various glyphs on over half the deities; MA, GG, and Taurog all give general bonuses for conversion and GG/Dracul for specific glyphs. JJ likes conversions in general, and Spirit Pact is more tempting if there's more stuff laying around to convert.
Wargasm

Postby Grakor456 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:14 am

Grakor456

Postby Darvin on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:38 am

Darvin

Postby lieronet on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:01 am

lieronet

Postby OneMoreNameless on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:43 am

OneMoreNameless

Postby Zaratustra on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:23 am

400 conversion? Load the shops right, you can get 500-600 conversion.
Zaratustra

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons