Eight hours in, can't find Orcs...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Eight hours in, can't find Orcs...

Postby GG Crono on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:10 pm

I'm a long time DD fan, coming all the way from the original Alpha version in the days of yore. I'm happy to finally put a full version of the game on Steam, and as I did so, I started off with a fresh kingdom.

I've got just about every structure unlocked, but after eight hours sunk so far, I'm missing a couple of gods, and, more pointedly, the Orc race.

So, riddle me this; Are there any areas where you're more or less likely to encounter your green-skinned brothers, or do I just have to get on my knees and pray to the almighty RNG?
GG Crono

Re: Eight hours in, can't find Orcs...

Postby Darvin on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:14 pm

They will only appear when you're adventuring in the west, but aside from that it's luck of the draw. Eight hours is a surprisingly long time, though; you should have found them by now. The Western Jungle and Havensdale Bridge are your best places to look.
Darvin

Re: Eight hours in, can't find Orcs...

Postby Urthop on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:20 pm

I know it took me a looooong time to unlock them as well, though I messed up my first unlock by drinking the Tea as soon as I discovered them. My newbie me wasn't really able to clear the dungeon afterwards with the nice assortment of debuffs on me at that point :oops: Ever since then I've been saving things that look like unlocks until the end of the dungeon (when then ended up giving me trouble unlocking Tikki Tooki, but that's another story)
Urthop

Return to Desktop Dungeons