Can't save progress

Got a problem? Let us know!

Can't save progress

Postby santi.ontanon on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi,

For some reason, for the past couple of days, none of my progress gets saved in Desktop Dungeons. For example, I complete a Puzzle in the Explorer's guild, and it does not get marked as completed. I play the online version of DD. Just wondering if there is anything wrong with my account, or if it's a known problem. Thanks!
santi.ontanon

Re: Can't save progress

Postby dislekcia on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:38 pm

Which puzzles have you had this problem with in particular?
dislekcia

Postby santi.ontanon on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:44 pm

It's been happening with the "The Divine Forge" ones. I've completed the three of them twice, but they are still marked as incomplete, and I did not get the reward.
santi.ontanon

Postby santi.ontanon on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:45 pm

As a side note, I've seen that, for the past couple of days, when the "Saving..." message in the bottom-left appears, it stays there forever. It used to just appear and disappear in 1 or 2 seconds. But now it stays there... not sure if it has something to do with it.
santi.ontanon

Postby zzz on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:42 am

Same here. Goat is also stuck on saving.

Affects all puzzles from what I've seen. It'll checked the one you just done, but refreshing or doing another resets it.

I've also lost an upgrade to the Guild (spent the 1k, but reverted back following a dungeon but still lost the 1k coins). Seems to have worked better the 2nd time possibly because I used the beserker right after. Possibly different issue though.

Dungeons still seem fine.
zzz

Postby dislekcia on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:08 am

The saving message not going away means that you would probably have lost progress before. Now the game is making doubly sure that it's saving as much as it can - I suggest making sure that you're not blocking traffic at all and maybe even just waiting to upgrade more buildings or start new runs until the save cycle is complete. Doing more stuff in the Kingdom will add another entire save process onto the end of the current save, which might take longer.
dislekcia

Postby santi.ontanon on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:14 pm

What "zzz" says is exactly the behavior I see.

Thanks for the reply dislekcia, but I just tried and I'm still getting the same behavior. I waited for 5 full minutes, and the save cycle had not yet completed. I'm not blocking any traffic at all (haven't changed the network configuration at all since it was working). I tried both with my regular home internet connection, and doing VPN to my work network. Both exhibited the same behavior. I wonder if there is any problem with our specific accounts? my account is linked to this email: santi.ontanon@gmail.com
santi.ontanon

Postby JMK on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:41 am

Just fired up the game first time today and having the same problem. the "saving" -text doesn't disappear ever and when I try to quit the game, it says to wait for the saving. I'm playing offline I think? Steam is online, but I haven't logged into anything in the game.

Also, is it intentional that the numbad keys 1,3, 7 and 9 don't work for diagonal movement? I seem to remember them working on the old "alpha" -version of the game, so what's up?
JMK

Return to Support