[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Why am I so bad at the Labyrinth?

Why am I so bad at the Labyrinth?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Why am I so bad at the Labyrinth?

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:26 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby lolQuaff on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:27 am

It will be worth your time and locker slot :D
lolQuaff

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:32 am

*Shrugs.* Still not interested in using the locker slot for an unknown effect. I have enough problems trying to stuff everything I _know_ is good in my locker slots. Although I did get the bank upgrade, so I only need another 38K or so for the 8th slot. Hm. Might be I should try VGT for the 9,999 gold...
Wargasm

Postby TheSchachter on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:36 am

In that case, I'd suggest to simply go ahead and prep it from the backpack after a run where you find it. No need to use a locker slot! But trust me (and Lujo, and everyone else who says so) when we say it's worth it :)
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:42 am

Pretty stiff competition. My current locker:

Orb of Zot (honestly prepped for the 5hp/3mp more often than not), Dragon Soul, Fabulous Treasure, Dwarven Gauntlets, Dragon Shield, Amulet of Yendor, Namtar's Ward (so good it's cheaty.)

Actually thinking taking a Human Monk into VGT with the Ward instead of the Dragon Shield. Hard call.
Wargasm

Postby TheSchachter on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 am

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:59 am

The Titan Guitar is the only true "da fuq just happened" moment in the entire game. When you see it bricks will be excremented. If I, of all people, have found space in my locker for it, then really... My locker churn rate is probably a visible outlying depression on the "global locker churn rate" graph that the devs have acess to :D (I'm not going to explain that one, who understands the implications of that will probably chuckle, and who doesn't but wants to know, PM someone who does).

Anywho, here's the Warmonger gorgon. A hoarder gorgon would in fact be easier since I'd have built in ENDISWAL so I wouldn't need Binlor, and I could fireball everything so I wouldn't care that I'm a gorgon. Trick is to know how to knockback stuff into walls early, and do this with stuff that doesn't get poisoned (namely zombies). And when to just spam Stone Heart to open the map. Shops were meh, pactmaker was a nice 50 piety, but the other guy was GG and I needed the poison strike. I do think I'd need the guitar for the Vampire, though.

Oh, and for Sidestepper - I raise you a Tower of Goo. :ugeek:
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:22 am

Ah, yes. I hadn't considered Binlor. I so rarely prep altars. Usually I think it's more fun to rely on luck of the draw, I guess? Or I may just be bad at the game.

Wow. Warmonger + Rex + Tower of Goo? That's got to be some kind of record. I thought my Bleaty was a bad draw (although being fair, he would have been way worse Warmonger; I face tanked and HALPMEH'd him to death with the JJ Pally, but no way would a Gorgon have had the face tanking option. Except maybe with two ARMOUR.exes. Heh.)
Last edited by Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wargasm

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:25 am

Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Okay, so...back in the right topic. I'm now 7/7 on Labyrinth, and I want 18/10, and one of the badges I'm missing is Purist, but I've already knocked out the two best classes for that (Wizard and Tinker.) Of the following classes, which do you think is most likely class to get Purist with?

Thief, Assassin, Priest, Monk, Sorcerer, Bloodmage, Transmuter, Crusader, Vampire, Half-Dragon, Gorgon.

Once I knock out Purist I can get Feeling Parched and Faithless with the Guitar. (Faithless will be Vampire, obviously. Why not?) Monk will probably be the Parched one, but I could be wrong.
Wargasm

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons