[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Please fix the Whoopaz + Zot interaction

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:58 pm

Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Well you come right on over and do that for me, Darvin. I'm obviously just not that good of a player. You're so awesome, we should build a shrine to you somewhere.
Wargasm

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:45 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Well I can't very well prep Binlor if I'm trying to get the Purist badge, and Darvin has repeatedly offered me condescending advice (which has been wrong every single time, to boot) and then decides to throw in he has 19/11 on everything and only VT GT took more than a couple of tries, as if that were somehow relevant. Especially when, as stated, all his advice so far has been wrong (prepping Binlor to get Purist, prepping five potions in the full version and then trying to instruct me on how to count, et cetera.)

I never had any problem with him during the Beta, but ever since I came back he's been all over me with bad, condescending advice, and I don't take kindly to condescension. Especially from people who are wrong. I appreciate what you did, Lujo, don't think I didn't. Although that's a bit tempered by the fact that you just admitted you'd be reporting me. For what, I don't know. I'm not the one seeking out and insulting other posters with bad advice while acting superiour. I generally only offer advice to very new players, because those are the only people who will benefit from anything I have to say directly. To vets, at best, I can make suggestions and offer opinions (like doing Purist with Transmuter since you still get five scrolls) or suggest challenges. I know my limits and I certainly don't talk to vets like they're idiots.

I mean if you don't like me for some reason, that's fine, but so long as he continues to harass me, I'm going to continue to stand up for myself. If that gets me thrown out, then so be it. I don't think we have that kind of moderation here, though, where the guy who isn't instigating is going to be the one taking the bullet. I could be wrong, and if I am I'll no doubt find out. *Shrugs.*
Wargasm

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Well back to the topic at hand:
If they nerf orb or zot + woopaz I hope they do it AFTER I get my first VGT win because I have yet to get horatio below 1000 heath, and I needs it :p
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:24 pm

I remember at one point in the Beta, VGT Horatio was in HGT and vice versa. I actually almost got him at one point. It involved very high resist and Martyr Wraps, but I don't remember what I was actually playing. I *think* it was a Paladin and I was trying to use the Wraps + HALPMEH boost + 25% base resist on the Paladin to scooch through. I can only guess I was with GG, EM, JJ, or Binlor. I know the Orb wasn't involved, and of course I also know in the five VGT runs I've tried I haven't even made it to Horatio, so take anything I say here with a massive and full shaker of salt. Possibly the one lost in Margaritaville.
Wargasm

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Okay, so I'm Lucifer. Now what?
Wargasm

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:51 pm

Yeah, except I've never stated, claimed, suggested, or implied that I know everything. In fact, quite the opposite. I constantly mention that I'm bad at the game and can't even play as well as I did during the Beta, and am in fact losing skill. You've dug up a giant pile of evidence which doesn't exist to accuse me of something that isn't true. I'm not going to dispute it, however.

I'm just saying; okay, let's suppose everything you said were actually true and I'm every bit the horrible tosser you claim I am. Now what? What have you proven? What was accomplished by dragging my name through the mud? I'm not seeing what you're trying to do here unless it's derail the thread to bash me (for what reason, I can't imagine, as I've never said anything even mildly snarky to or about you in my memory.)

I think I've stopped wondering why we don't get many new faces around here, though. I'm going to give a long thought to the Steam forum, which has all the same advice but without all the drama and fighting. (And I guess I've answered my own question; what you're accomplishing is driving me off.)
Wargasm

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons