Game Crashes after unlocking a new god.

Got a problem? Let us know!

Game Crashes after unlocking a new god.

Postby Unholydonuts86 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:14 am

If i go into the northern desert and unlock mystral and leave the dungeon by retiering or killing the boss my game does not respond anymore after the rewards for the dungeon are shown and i click continue. i can only se the usual loading screen. it happens regardless of witch class i use and as well in the steam version as in the browser version.
i also had the same crash when i found Dracul in the tundra and left the dungeon after that.
Leaving the level when i have not unlocked a new god works normally-
Unholydonuts86

Re: Game Crashes after unlocking a new god.

Postby dislekcia on Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:30 pm

Can you please email your savegame (the one that's having the issue) to info@qcfdesign.com so that we can try to duplicate this problem? Right now we can't get the same thing to happen when we test.
dislekcia

Postby Unholydonuts86 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Ok i sent the files via Mail.
Unholydonuts86

Postby Unholydonuts86 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:11 pm

I just logged into my account again. I dont know if you guys allready did something but now mystal is in my codex and the goat glade appeared. so i think that should have fixed the Problem :-)
Unholydonuts86

Postby dislekcia on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:42 am

It looks like the issue might have something to do with Steam being inaccessible when the game is doing a check for the DLC/Special Edition, so whatever was causing that issue probably just let it contact Steam and the problem went away :)
dislekcia

Postby Paleshade on Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:40 pm

I am having a very similar issue; when I try to leave a dungeon after discovering the Pactmaker, the game hangs just beyond the results screen. I lose my gold for starting but never earn the dungeon run.
Paleshade

Postby wxsampson on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:51 am

I'd like to add to this thread as I'm having a similar problem. I played through and won Swamp Romp and unlocked the Plant god (blanking on the name). The tally/score screen went fine but the game froze after that (a black screen just saying 'loading') and I eventually had to force quit the program.

Now the quest is marked as completed, but I did not receive the gold and I don't believe the the new dungeon reward either (I had completed Swamp Romp with the required two classes). Also, the new plant god is not in my book, though the God section has a 'New' sticker on it (that won't go away). There are just a couple blank pages there.

Can I send you my save game? Can you revert or fix this wonky cloud status?

Also, I just want to add - thank you for this fantastic game. It is a gem.
wxsampson

Postby dislekcia on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:42 pm

We're working on figuring this out, the hard part is trying to prevent savegames from getting into impossible states due to the run not completing its unlocks when it finishes.
dislekcia

Postby wxsampson on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Thank you for looking into it.

Is there anything I should do in the meantime? Not play, keep a save of this point, just keep playing, etc.?
wxsampson

Postby siener on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:57 am

I'm experiencing the same problem.

I posted about it here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/226620/di ... 552245636/

Is there a workaround or do we have to wait until you guys get around to fixing it?
siener

Next

Return to Support