[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Quests need a auto-choose option

Quests need a auto-choose option

All things Desktop Dungeons

Quests need a auto-choose option

Postby subanark on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:34 am

Having to look back and forth between the requirements of the quest and the dungeon select screen is a bit tedious, and frustrating if you misread the requirements.

What I ask is something like:
From the Tavern, clicking a quest will start the "choose adventure option" while "locking" the options that are valid to complete the quest. Any time there is only 1 option, it is skipped and automatically chosen.

For example, lets say a quest was Defeat Venture Cave, Southern Swamp, and Northern Deseret with the Wizard.

In this case, the Adventure screen will appear highlighting the uncompleted dungeons. After clicking, the kingdom screen will appear with the wizard class already chosen, waiting for a race to be selected. After race is selected, the player chooses dungeon preparations, and then hits Start Adventure.

If there is some requirement in the dungeon, a quest box will appear telling the player what they have left to do, and if they have failed any conditions. If there is still a requirement left after beating the boss, the retire button will warn the player that they still have stuff to accomplish.

Maybe you aren't doing your interface pass yet, in which case just keep this mind.
subanark

Re: Quests need a auto-choose option

Postby Darvin on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:45 am

Speaking of interface, the "world map" is now cluttered with a million dungeons that each have the same icon. Back when there were only a dozen dungeons, you could remember which is which, but now we have several clusters of otherwise identical looking dungeon locations.
Darvin

Postby Intoxicatious on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:39 am

I always imagined a road from the kingdom leading in each compass direction. I wish there was something like a road (or line) that connected the dungeons on a path. It would help visualize quest progression.
Intoxicatious

Postby 232 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:43 am

Maybe different drawings on the map for each dungeon are on the cards?

I'd hope so, because I'm also finding it annoying looking at all the identical dungeon icons.

Postby Joshua on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:35 am

Joshua

Postby dislekcia on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:37 pm

dislekcia

Postby PeaceChaser on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:55 am

I love the changes.

This is obvious, but it'd be nice to know - especially on the race-specific quests - what race you completed a dungeon with. Maybe the races could have color representations, and have 6 little colored squares or circles that are hollow or filled in under or around each class.

I was inconvenienced by not knowing which mage class I completed the dungeon with, but not while using a halfling.
PeaceChaser

Return to Desktop Dungeons