The odd Dracul bug

Got a problem? Let us know!

The odd Dracul bug

Postby riverc1tyRansom on Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:41 am

Hi, I posted this same bug in the Steam forums about my game crashing every time I unlock Dracul.

"I'm not sure if anyone else has come across this bug but everytime I find Dracul to unlock him, whether I beat that current dungeon or I just retire, the game becomes unresponsive. Just a black screen with the music playing. That is the Steam version, if I play on desktopdungeons.net, I can continue to play the game, but it refuses to save after that point. Either way I get screwed." - What I mentioned on the Steam forums.

A little added info:
- Problem persists across multiple computers.
- I actually have to kill "myself" in that sub dungeon for the bug to happen. If I leave right away before moving the game continues to work fine.

Honestly if the best approach is to try uninstalling and re-installing Desktop Dungeons, then I'm willing to try because the game is just that good. I don't mind starting over :)
riverc1tyRansom

Re: The odd Dracul bug

Postby dislekcia on Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:34 pm

Please can you email your savegame (the .sav file as well as the directory of the same name) to info@qcfdesign.com?
dislekcia

Postby floppycode on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:43 am

Hi,
I've got the same bug. Whenever I unlock Dracul the game will just stop at the loading screen after finishing the dungeon. In my case it will stop at the same position on the website as well, so I don't get to a point where it could even start saving.

I use the special edition with the dlc if this matters since other people seem to have similar problems with other gods as well with this version. I'm gonna send you my save-game to the posted email-adress so maybe that helps.
floppycode

Postby dislekcia on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:29 am

I think we're figured out what's causing this, but we're not near PCs that can build the game reliably right now to patch it.
dislekcia

Return to Support